When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Flooding: Flood warning on River Cherwell lifted
A FLOOD warning on the section of the River Cherwell from Lower Heyford to Hampton Poyle, near Kidlington, was lifted tonight by the Environment Agency.
Falling water levels have ended the immediate threat to properties along the river through Rousham, Enslow and Thrupp. However, this section of the river, along with the rest of the course of the Cherwell from north of Banbury to Oxford, remains on flood alert.
Flood alerts, warning householders and businesses that flooding is possible and they should be prepared, also remain in force tonight on the following Oxfordshire watercourses:
- River Thames throughout the county, including Oxford and Abingdon
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington, including Charlbury
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon
- River Ray from Shipton Lee to Islip
- River Thame, including Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy
- River Windrush from Bourton-on-the-Water to Newbridge, including Burford, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington and Standlake
- Chalgrove Brook, including Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- Clanfield Brook
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks from Stratton Audley to Merton, including Bicester
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- Shill Brook at Bampton
For the latest information, see the Environment Agency website or call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188.