When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Flooding: River Leach put on flood alert at Little Faringdon
THE River Leach along the county boundary between Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire has been put on flood alert tonight.
The Environment Agency issued the alert after further heavy rain today over the Cotswold hills in Gloucestershire pushed up water levels in the river, including the stretch near Little Faringdon, in West Oxfordshire.
There is no immediate threat to properties, with the river spilling out on to its floodplain, but nearby residents should take precautions.
The Leach joins the River Thames between Lechlade and Buscot. From Buscot, a flood warning applies along the Thames - meaning riverside properties are expected to flood - as far east as Kings Lock, north-west of Oxford.
Communities at risk include Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Chimney, Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and the caravan park, Eynsham and Swinford.
Flood alerts also remain in force tonight on the following Oxfordshire watercourses:
- The rest of the course of the River Thames through the county, including Oxford, Abingdon and Wallingford.
- River Cherwell, from north of Banbury to Oxford
- River Evenlode from Moreton-in-Marsh to Cassington, including Charlbury
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon
- River Ray from Shipton Lee to Islip
- River Thame, including Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy
- River Windrush from Bourton-on-the-Water to Newbridge, including Burford, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington and Standlake
- Chalgrove Brook, including Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- Clanfield Brook
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks from Stratton Audley to Merton, including Bicester
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- Shill Brook at Bampton
For the latest information on flood alerts, see the Environment Agency website or call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188.