When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
12:00pm Saturday 23rd March 2013 in News
COURT cases dealt with recently by Oxford magistrates:
- Julie Larman, 44, of Saxton Road, Abingdon, admitted stealing groceries worth £96.51 from Sainsbury’s in Didcot on December 29 last year, and an unknown amount from the same shop on December 23. Fined £40 for each theft and told to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
- Jamie Staley, 34, of Wood Farm Road, Wood Farm, Headington, Oxford, admitted producing cannabis and possessing 3.3 grams of it on November 22 last year at Foresters Tower, Wood Farm Road. Fined £100 and told to pay a £20 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
- Lee Worman, 22, of Plover Drive, Greater Leys, Oxford, admitted causing criminal damage to a car window in Windale Avenue, Oxford, on November 18 last year. Conditional discharge for 12 months, compensation of £75, £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
- Simon White, 33, of Moorbank, Blackbird Leys, Oxford, admitted stealing a camera and a learning tablet worth £90.49 from Mothercare in Oxford Retail Park, Ambassador Avenue, Cowley, on November 20 last year. Conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay £90.49 compensation and a £15 victim surcharge.
- Caroline McDonagh, 38, of Mortimer Road, Rose Hill, Oxford, admitted assault by beating on July 4 last year in Bicester. Restraining order granted until January 14, 2015, banning contact with victim, fined £100, told to pay £50 compensation, £15 victim surcharge and £100 costs.
- Peter Durham, 57, of Orchard Road, Oxford, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance in Banbury Road, Oxford, on February 16. Community order with two-month curfew. Six penalty points on licence.