When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Free fair offers tips on schooling
12:00am Thursday 19th September 2013 in News
A special event is being held this weekend to give parents a chance to gather information on senior school options.
The Future Schools Fair is being held at The Gateway Conference Centre, Aylesbury, on September 21, from 9am to 1pm.
It is aimed at parents who would like to find out a little more about boarding or who would like to make comparisons between independent and state school options and includes a programme of free seminars delivered by heads and senior staff including:
- Prep to independent senior school – transition at age 11 or 13
- Primary to independent senior at 11+
- Grammar school entry
- What is a UTC or a free school?
- Change of school for sixth form. (IB and A Level options)
- Is boarding school for me?
- Finding tutors and revision courses (individual and tutorial centres/colleges)
- Children’s holiday camps, parties and activities.
There is free parking right outside the venue and Aylesbury station is a direct train ride from London Marylebone and then only a five-minute journey by taxi to the venue.
Tickets are free, although registration is required in advance via the website www.futureschoolsfair.com which includes details of the schools attending.