DUE to today's heavy rain, the following rivers and brooks in Oxfordshire have been added to the list of those subject to flood alerts:
- River Windrush, from Bourton-on-the Water to Newbridge, including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake
- River Cole along the county boundary with Wiltshire from Shrivenham to Buscot Wick, including Watchfield and Coleshill
- Ginge Brook, from the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay
- Clanfield Brook at Clanfield
- The Shill Brook at Bampton
A flood alert is the lowest on the Environment Agency's three-stage flood warnings scale, meaning householders and businesses should take precautions.
For the latest information on flood alerts, see environment-agency.gov.uk or call the Floodline on 0845 988 1188