WWII veteran died from smoke inhalation

The Old County Hall

The Old County Hall

First published in News

A 93-year-old war veteran died from smoke inhalation and severe burns during a fire at his home, a post-mortem examination concluded.

Oliver Minchin, who survived two torpedo attacks while serving with the Royal Navy in the Second World War, died at his home on Sunday night.

An inquest into his death was opened on Thursday at Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court and was adjourned for witness statements and for a pathologist report to be assembled. It will be reopened and concluded in due course.

Related links

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree