A TOTAL of 16 flood warnings remained in place last night on the River Thames, the River Windrush and the River Thame.
River levels dropped again yesterday but heavy rain is forecast for tomorrow. The river level at Iffley Lock was measured as 55cm, down from 65cm on Tuesday and the levels at Abingdon Lock dropped from 48cm on Tuesday to 43cm.
The flood warnings that have been issued include:
- River Thames from Buscot Wick down to Shifford including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, and Lower Bampton
- River Thames between Newbridge and Kings Lock above Oxford including Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton
- River Thames and tributaries in the Binsey, Osney and Osney Island areas in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at New Botley, New and North Hinksey and Grandpont in Oxford
- River Thames and tributaries at Kennington near Oxford
- River Thames at Culham
- River Thames in Abingdon
- River Thames at Clifton Hampden, Dorchester and Little Wittenham
- River Thames from Days Lock down to South Stoke, including Dorchester-on-Thames and Overy, Shillingford, Benson, Wallingford, North Stoke and Moulsford
- River Windrush at Witney and Ducklington down to and including Hardwick
- River Thame from Chiselhampton to Drayton St Leonard including Newington s River Thame in the Dorchester and Overy areas.