Charity runner Claire Squires, who collapsed and died during the London Marathon, will be buried next week alongside her brother, the Church of England said.

Miss Squires, 30, whose death resulted in an outpouring of generous donations in her name, will be buried at noon on Wednesday at St Andrew's Church in the village of North Kilworth, Leicestershire. She will be buried next to her brother Grant, who died in 2001 aged 25.

The coroner at the inquest into his death recorded an open verdict - it has been reported he was a drug user and was depressed after being involved in a car crash in which his girlfriend was killed.

Liz Hudson-Ollis, director of communications at the Diocese of Leicester, said Miss Squires will be buried with her brother and said the service will be conducted by the Rev Emma Davies, the parish vicar, alongside local baptist minister Pastor Johnny Hutton.

When Miss Squires, 30, began the marathon on Sunday she had raised £500 for the Samaritans but the figure is now approaching £800,000 and more than 68,000 well-wishers had been moved to donate on her JustGiving webpage.

Nicola Short said her friend's family were devastated but were drawing solace from the good wishes and kindness of the British public. She told BBC Breakfast: "Obviously they are extremely devastated but they're together, they are a strong family and they are close, they have spent all week together round at Claire's mum and dad's house.

"Obviously the more money that's coming in is overwhelming but it is giving them a little bit of comfort to know she has managed to do such a great thing."

She added: "I don't think any of us had any idea of how much she would raise. I think she would be completely overwhelmed and completely over the moon. She'd be going 'woo hoo', excited."

Miss Squires was the 11th participant to die since the event began in 1981. She collapsed in Birdcage Walk, near St James's Park, on the final stretch of the 26.2-mile course.

She died with the finishing line only one bend away, after 25 miles of the marathon. She was raising money for the Samaritans, who her mother Cilla had volunteered with for more than 20 years.