As Swindon are put up for sale, U's boss Wilder asks: 'Why risk it?

Herald Series: Alfie Potter nets a last-minute winner as Oxford dump rivals Swindon out of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy at the Kassam Stadium earlier this season Alfie Potter nets a last-minute winner as Oxford dump rivals Swindon out of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy at the Kassam Stadium earlier this season

Chris Wilder believes Oxford United supporters should be glad the club have not taken risks with their budget after rivals Swindon Town revealed financial problems. Robins’ owner Andrew Black has put the club up for sale to try to avoid the prospect of administration with debts reportedly reaching £13m. Manager Paolo Di Canio was allowed to spend heavily last season as Swindon won npower League Two, but they were placed under a transfer embargo earlier this season due to overspending on wages and fees. United are no strangers to financial issues after suffering in the past, but have lived within their means for several years. The longer-term planning means progress has been slower, but Wilder felt the news from Swindon was more proof of the need to act responsibly. The United manager said: “I’m not saying we’re paupers in the league, but when Chris Wilder has gone and Jake Wright has gone and James Constable has gone, the football club will still be here. “Those who have worked in our office and been associated with the club for a long time, people like (general manager) Mick Brown, have seen what happens when people aren’t getting paid on time and stuff like that.

“When (our) supporters are getting stick from Swindon Town supporters, I think they should look at this day and think ‘we’re glad with the way our club goes about their business’.

“It justifies what path you go as a football club and maybe sometimes people should take a step back when everybody wants to be up there right away.”

Wilder, who guided United to a league double in derbies last season and then a win over their rivals in this season’s Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, sympathised with the situation into which the Swindon supporters could be placed.

He said: “Swindon signed a lot of players on a lot of big money and took that gamble.

“The supporters are the only ones that hurt, because players, managers and other people at the club will go and the supporters will be the ones who pick up the pieces unfortunately.

“The people in charge here and myself have always known that wouldn’t be a pathway we would go down.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:30pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pop up pirate says...

Glad to be an Oxford fan. They can keep their debts.
Glad to be an Oxford fan. They can keep their debts. pop up pirate

2:34pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Quote from from Chief Exc .STFC --
Town have no outstanding payments to make to the taxman, banks or other creditors while, according to Watkins, Swindon are currently 15 per cent ahead of their budgeted revenues - leaving the chief exec to suggest the club should provide an attractive proposition to interested parties.

Pardon PUP - like to add to your statement...
Quote from from Chief Exc .STFC -- Town have no outstanding payments to make to the taxman, banks or other creditors while, according to Watkins, Swindon are currently 15 per cent ahead of their budgeted revenues - leaving the chief exec to suggest the club should provide an attractive proposition to interested parties. Pardon PUP - like to add to your statement... Chish and Fips

2:40pm Fri 18 Jan 13

LeGod says...

Get the facts right Wilder every club has debts and you dont know what our budget was last season all i know is we kept within the laws of the league so how do you come to your conclusion i hust think you are covering your poor management for you failure last season and your poor season so far.
The fats are we dont money to the tax manm vat man and have no creditors. The debt owed is to Andrew black the major share holder who is not prepared to put more money in the club which is fair enough as lets face it most clubs are like putting money into a black hole and you never get it back.
Sour grapes by typical Scum Pox fans and manager as we were successful last season and are doing well this season. And lets get some other facts straight as well Di Canio has only spent the budget he was given he hasnt spent any more- fact. Like most moronic opposing fans you are jealous of his success and the fact he is a big name unlike any one you are likely to attract at your tin pot club,
There are a number of potential investors meeting tomorrow so just wait until you all start crowing at what is happening to us.
Enjoy the rest of the season in L2 as your not going anywhere but staying there.
Get the facts right Wilder every club has debts and you dont know what our budget was last season all i know is we kept within the laws of the league so how do you come to your conclusion i hust think you are covering your poor management for you failure last season and your poor season so far. The fats are we dont money to the tax manm vat man and have no creditors. The debt owed is to Andrew black the major share holder who is not prepared to put more money in the club which is fair enough as lets face it most clubs are like putting money into a black hole and you never get it back. Sour grapes by typical Scum Pox fans and manager as we were successful last season and are doing well this season. And lets get some other facts straight as well Di Canio has only spent the budget he was given he hasnt spent any more- fact. Like most moronic opposing fans you are jealous of his success and the fact he is a big name unlike any one you are likely to attract at your tin pot club, There are a number of potential investors meeting tomorrow so just wait until you all start crowing at what is happening to us. Enjoy the rest of the season in L2 as your not going anywhere but staying there. LeGod

3:44pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Magiltonmagic. says...

LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo?
LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo? Magiltonmagic.

4:17pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Magiltonmagic. wrote:
LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo?
I think you'll find that was down to a FA tribunal on the transfer fees being demanded immediately, instead of at later date for the 2 players so accounts wise, it threw a minus £300 k immediately on the bottom line. this took us over the 65% mark of income /outgoings .

As I keep pointing out - Headlines can deceive - or sometimes mislead. Especially if you want them to.
[quote][p][bold]Magiltonmagic.[/bold] wrote: LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo?[/p][/quote]I think you'll find that was down to a FA tribunal on the transfer fees being demanded immediately, instead of at later date for the 2 players so accounts wise, it threw a minus £300 k immediately on the bottom line. this took us over the 65% mark of income /outgoings . As I keep pointing out - Headlines can deceive - or sometimes mislead. Especially if you want them to. Chish and Fips

5:32pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pop up pirate says...

Chish and Fips wrote:
Quote from from Chief Exc .STFC --
Town have no outstanding payments to make to the taxman, banks or other creditors while, according to Watkins, Swindon are currently 15 per cent ahead of their budgeted revenues - leaving the chief exec to suggest the club should provide an attractive proposition to interested parties.

Pardon PUP - like to add to your statement...
PUP lol I wish been supporting Oxford shy of 40 years the grey wiskers give that away.
[quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: Quote from from Chief Exc .STFC -- Town have no outstanding payments to make to the taxman, banks or other creditors while, according to Watkins, Swindon are currently 15 per cent ahead of their budgeted revenues - leaving the chief exec to suggest the club should provide an attractive proposition to interested parties. Pardon PUP - like to add to your statement...[/p][/quote]PUP lol I wish been supporting Oxford shy of 40 years the grey wiskers give that away. pop up pirate

5:32pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pop up pirate says...

PUP lol I wish been supporting Oxford shy of 40 years the grey wiskers give that away.
PUP lol I wish been supporting Oxford shy of 40 years the grey wiskers give that away. pop up pirate

5:49pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Ians view says...

Magiltonmagic. wrote:
LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo?
Some people struggle to write and also to read.

We all know why Holmes ended up on loan at Swindon after his time at Oxford...
[quote][p][bold]Magiltonmagic.[/bold] wrote: LeGod, Would you like to write your last comment in English? You are so right as we are so jealous that our club are not 13 million in debt! Just one more thing, If you did'nt break any league rules why did you get a transfer embargo?[/p][/quote]Some people struggle to write and also to read. We all know why Holmes ended up on loan at Swindon after his time at Oxford... Ians view

6:00pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pop up pirate says...

LeGod wrote:
Get the facts right Wilder every club has debts and you dont know what our budget was last season all i know is we kept within the laws of the league so how do you come to your conclusion i hust think you are covering your poor management for you failure last season and your poor season so far.
The fats are we dont money to the tax manm vat man and have no creditors. The debt owed is to Andrew black the major share holder who is not prepared to put more money in the club which is fair enough as lets face it most clubs are like putting money into a black hole and you never get it back.
Sour grapes by typical Scum Pox fans and manager as we were successful last season and are doing well this season. And lets get some other facts straight as well Di Canio has only spent the budget he was given he hasnt spent any more- fact. Like most moronic opposing fans you are jealous of his success and the fact he is a big name unlike any one you are likely to attract at your tin pot club,
There are a number of potential investors meeting tomorrow so just wait until you all start crowing at what is happening to us.
Enjoy the rest of the season in L2 as your not going anywhere but staying there.
You say SCUM pox fans your the team that starts with the letter S. With that statement your already on the way.
[quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Get the facts right Wilder every club has debts and you dont know what our budget was last season all i know is we kept within the laws of the league so how do you come to your conclusion i hust think you are covering your poor management for you failure last season and your poor season so far. The fats are we dont money to the tax manm vat man and have no creditors. The debt owed is to Andrew black the major share holder who is not prepared to put more money in the club which is fair enough as lets face it most clubs are like putting money into a black hole and you never get it back. Sour grapes by typical Scum Pox fans and manager as we were successful last season and are doing well this season. And lets get some other facts straight as well Di Canio has only spent the budget he was given he hasnt spent any more- fact. Like most moronic opposing fans you are jealous of his success and the fact he is a big name unlike any one you are likely to attract at your tin pot club, There are a number of potential investors meeting tomorrow so just wait until you all start crowing at what is happening to us. Enjoy the rest of the season in L2 as your not going anywhere but staying there.[/p][/quote]You say SCUM pox fans your the team that starts with the letter S. With that statement your already on the way. pop up pirate

8:27pm Fri 18 Jan 13

35 year fan says...

clueless scum fans. so they havent been overspending. how did they get to be £13m in debt then?

the idiot of an owner has been subbing them £2m a year which is the amount they overspend. so insolvency is inevitable because no-one is going to buy a club losing that much cash.

with the administration its bye bye to the manager and the expensive players on big contracts. and a humbled and much poorer scum will limp on.
clueless scum fans. so they havent been overspending. how did they get to be £13m in debt then? the idiot of an owner has been subbing them £2m a year which is the amount they overspend. so insolvency is inevitable because no-one is going to buy a club losing that much cash. with the administration its bye bye to the manager and the expensive players on big contracts. and a humbled and much poorer scum will limp on. 35 year fan

12:11am Sat 19 Jan 13

RocketMan says...

Hey, LeGod and Swinetown it appears are a bit hard up with their comments and cash! Gosh, what a shock after spending so much on player's (say that in Italian!) anybody got a few spare bob and a packet of pasta??
Hey, LeGod and Swinetown it appears are a bit hard up with their comments and cash! Gosh, what a shock after spending so much on player's (say that in Italian!) anybody got a few spare bob and a packet of pasta?? RocketMan

6:54am Sat 19 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

35 year fan wrote:
clueless scum fans. so they havent been overspending. how did they get to be £13m in debt then?

the idiot of an owner has been subbing them £2m a year which is the amount they overspend. so insolvency is inevitable because no-one is going to buy a club losing that much cash.

with the administration its bye bye to the manager and the expensive players on big contracts. and a humbled and much poorer scum will limp on.
Just wait and see Mr Know it all ....

Happy Days
[quote][p][bold]35 year fan[/bold] wrote: clueless scum fans. so they havent been overspending. how did they get to be £13m in debt then? the idiot of an owner has been subbing them £2m a year which is the amount they overspend. so insolvency is inevitable because no-one is going to buy a club losing that much cash. with the administration its bye bye to the manager and the expensive players on big contracts. and a humbled and much poorer scum will limp on.[/p][/quote]Just wait and see Mr Know it all .... Happy Days Chish and Fips

6:57am Sat 19 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

RocketMan wrote:
Hey, LeGod and Swinetown it appears are a bit hard up with their comments and cash! Gosh, what a shock after spending so much on player's (say that in Italian!) anybody got a few spare bob and a packet of pasta??
Keep reading the Adver then you might get a better understanding whats going on.
[quote][p][bold]RocketMan[/bold] wrote: Hey, LeGod and Swinetown it appears are a bit hard up with their comments and cash! Gosh, what a shock after spending so much on player's (say that in Italian!) anybody got a few spare bob and a packet of pasta??[/p][/quote]Keep reading the Adver then you might get a better understanding whats going on. Chish and Fips

3:17pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

It's hard for us Oxford supporters not to watch the chaos unfolding down the road without a smile or two.

STFC's spending has not, and is not, sustainable. We were saying last year that success on the pitch at all costs could have catastrophic consequences and that looks increasing likely now.

Points deducted, players sold, manager off, damaged infrastructure and reputation. And you still lost all 3 recent games against us.

Happy new year Swindon, I sincerely hope this doesn't end your club permanently - no team deserves that. I think you have a very humbling lesson coming your way.
It's hard for us Oxford supporters not to watch the chaos unfolding down the road without a smile or two. STFC's spending has not, and is not, sustainable. We were saying last year that success on the pitch at all costs could have catastrophic consequences and that looks increasing likely now. Points deducted, players sold, manager off, damaged infrastructure and reputation. And you still lost all 3 recent games against us. Happy new year Swindon, I sincerely hope this doesn't end your club permanently - no team deserves that. I think you have a very humbling lesson coming your way. Whitstablexile

9:05pm Sat 19 Jan 13

TheDukeOfBanbury says...

Forever In Our Shadow Oxford.

You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club.

Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered.
Forever In Our Shadow Oxford. You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club. Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered. TheDukeOfBanbury

9:23pm Sat 19 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Forever In Our Shadow Oxford.

You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club.

Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered.
I reckon you should concentrate on saving your club mate. Cut back on the tesco burgers and put some your giro towards the 250k a week you lot are spunking on salaries.
[quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Forever In Our Shadow Oxford. You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club. Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered.[/p][/quote]I reckon you should concentrate on saving your club mate. Cut back on the tesco burgers and put some your giro towards the 250k a week you lot are spunking on salaries. Whitstablexile

4:28pm Sun 20 Jan 13

TheDukeOfBanbury says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
TheDukeOfBanbury wrote: Forever In Our Shadow Oxford. You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club. Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered.
I reckon you should concentrate on saving your club mate. Cut back on the tesco burgers and put some your giro towards the 250k a week you lot are spunking on salaries.
If only I could Mate but sadly I am a pensioner with very little money.

My money was stolen by Roberrt Maxwell, like so many ordinary working folk as he cheated his way into funding Oxford Utd with money that was not his.

Funny old game.
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Forever In Our Shadow Oxford. You can dream all you like STFC have been, still are and always will be the bigger Club. Whatever happens in the future this what will always be remembered.[/p][/quote]I reckon you should concentrate on saving your club mate. Cut back on the tesco burgers and put some your giro towards the 250k a week you lot are spunking on salaries.[/p][/quote]If only I could Mate but sadly I am a pensioner with very little money. My money was stolen by Roberrt Maxwell, like so many ordinary working folk as he cheated his way into funding Oxford Utd with money that was not his. Funny old game. TheDukeOfBanbury

5:08pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

I can hear violins mate.
I can hear violins mate. Whitstablexile

5:24pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
I can hear violins mate.
Shame he didn't rob you as well .. then you might not not be so dimwitted with a comment like that....
There quite a few others who suffered through that man (I use the term loosely) Maxwell and his thieving ways ...
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: I can hear violins mate.[/p][/quote]Shame he didn't rob you as well .. then you might not not be so dimwitted with a comment like that.... There quite a few others who suffered through that man (I use the term loosely) Maxwell and his thieving ways ... Chish and Fips

5:58pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

Yeah ok Chish, lets avoid talking about the real issue (your impending bankruptcy and demotion) and pretend that we all got ripped off by maxwell and that its somehow relevant. Try harder if you want to cloud the issue, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Yeah ok Chish, lets avoid talking about the real issue (your impending bankruptcy and demotion) and pretend that we all got ripped off by maxwell and that its somehow relevant. Try harder if you want to cloud the issue, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. Whitstablexile

6:11pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
Yeah ok Chish, lets avoid talking about the real issue (your impending bankruptcy and demotion) and pretend that we all got ripped off by maxwell and that its somehow relevant. Try harder if you want to cloud the issue, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.
Dream on Whit - wait and see, think you are going to be disappointed with those wishes of yours ....

I never not got ripped off by the way, but there were loads who did - and no way is it clouding any issue - these are facts - FACTS -
Yours are cherry picking headlines, that at the moment there are very few know all the facts good and bad - so wind that neck of yours back in, and spout when you know what you are talking about and not what you wish for.

At the moment by the way you are firing blanks in that barrel.
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: Yeah ok Chish, lets avoid talking about the real issue (your impending bankruptcy and demotion) and pretend that we all got ripped off by maxwell and that its somehow relevant. Try harder if you want to cloud the issue, this is like shooting fish in a barrel.[/p][/quote]Dream on Whit - wait and see, think you are going to be disappointed with those wishes of yours .... I never not got ripped off by the way, but there were loads who did - and no way is it clouding any issue - these are facts - FACTS - Yours are cherry picking headlines, that at the moment there are very few know all the facts good and bad - so wind that neck of yours back in, and spout when you know what you are talking about and not what you wish for. At the moment by the way you are firing blanks in that barrel. Chish and Fips

6:53pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

I know that your owner is sick of funding you

I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages

I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues

Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling?

Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.
I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it. Whitstablexile

7:09pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
I know that your owner is sick of funding you

I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages

I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues

Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling?

Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.
Just to repeat - we don't know yet the full facts - rumours abound from all directions - there possibly 2 strong buyers and another 5 mentioned but until the paper work is signed who knows.

But it does allow the ol' cheap shots from doom and gloom merchants to have their two penny worth of guesses and wishes.

The other cheap jibes from you I won't even go there .. pointless

Happy Days ...
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.[/p][/quote]Just to repeat - we don't know yet the full facts - rumours abound from all directions - there possibly 2 strong buyers and another 5 mentioned but until the paper work is signed who knows. But it does allow the ol' cheap shots from doom and gloom merchants to have their two penny worth of guesses and wishes. The other cheap jibes from you I won't even go there .. pointless Happy Days ... Chish and Fips

9:43pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

Spin it however you like. You lot are skint and up for sale. Who is going to take on 13 MILLION pounds worth of toxic debt to just break even? I've had a good read of the adver and all roads lead to disaster for you lot.

What's kevin maxwell up to these days? might be worth a call. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that...
Spin it however you like. You lot are skint and up for sale. Who is going to take on 13 MILLION pounds worth of toxic debt to just break even? I've had a good read of the adver and all roads lead to disaster for you lot. What's kevin maxwell up to these days? might be worth a call. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that... Whitstablexile

10:36pm Sun 20 Jan 13

RocketMan says...

The misguided attitute of Swindonites, is Paint the Town RED but don't tell the bank manager!
Just who do you think you are kidding? You may fool yourselves, but you don't fool us smarter Oxford fans!
Having said that we hope Swin---- survive in business. Why? Because we love beating you! Ha! Ha!
The misguided attitute of Swindonites, is Paint the Town RED but don't tell the bank manager! Just who do you think you are kidding? You may fool yourselves, but you don't fool us smarter Oxford fans! Having said that we hope Swin---- survive in business. Why? Because we love beating you! Ha! Ha! RocketMan

7:26pm Mon 21 Jan 13

the wizard says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
I know that your owner is sick of funding you

I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages

I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues

Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling?

Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.
Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner.

Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water.

At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad.
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.[/p][/quote]Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner. Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water. At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad. the wizard

9:26pm Mon 21 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

We're not preaching to you Chish.

We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha
haha

You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over.

Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin.....

I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
A
We're not preaching to you Chish. We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha haha You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over. Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin..... I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A Whitstablexile

7:33am Tue 22 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

Yet again Whit, even for you - you are making yourself look foolish - spouting and getting a little bit carried away with yourself ...

Find a little dark corner somewhere - and sit down close your eyes and try chanting to yourself - 'I must not make such a big fool of myself', keep repeating it over and over - it may have the desired effect. - I have my doubts as you seem to be a lost cause in society.

AHAH.... ??? very worrying !! up the dose a bit as well ...

Happy Days, or for you 'Happy Pills'

The men in white coats mean you no harm - they are there to help you ....
Have faith my friend it will help you overcome this struggle you are having.
Yet again Whit, even for you - you are making yourself look foolish - spouting and getting a little bit carried away with yourself ... Find a little dark corner somewhere - and sit down close your eyes and try chanting to yourself - 'I must not make such a big fool of myself', keep repeating it over and over - it may have the desired effect. - I have my doubts as you seem to be a lost cause in society. AHAH.... ??? very worrying !! up the dose a bit as well ... Happy Days, or for you 'Happy Pills' The men in white coats mean you no harm - they are there to help you .... Have faith my friend it will help you overcome this struggle you are having. Chish and Fips

12:02pm Tue 22 Jan 13

PT1 says...

the wizard wrote:
Whitstablexile wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.
Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner. Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water. At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad.
The pitch was frozen due to over a week of minus degree temperatures, unfortunately we aren't able to spend copious amounts of money that we don't have to defrost the pitch with industrial sized heaters. Oh yea, as well as having over 30 players to choose from (incase of injuriy from playing on a frozen pitch) due to spending so much that your £13 million in dept... Only a matter of time now before you enter administration

You lot are naive in believing that there will be someone that will want to take on that debt...
[quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.[/p][/quote]Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner. Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water. At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad.[/p][/quote]The pitch was frozen due to over a week of minus degree temperatures, unfortunately we aren't able to spend copious amounts of money that we don't have to defrost the pitch with industrial sized heaters. Oh yea, as well as having over 30 players to choose from (incase of injuriy from playing on a frozen pitch) due to spending so much that your £13 million in dept... Only a matter of time now before you enter administration You lot are naive in believing that there will be someone that will want to take on that debt... PT1

7:32pm Tue 22 Jan 13

pop up pirate says...

Whitstablexile wrote:
We're not preaching to you Chish.

We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha

haha

You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over.

Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin.....

I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A
Very funny that made me laugh....otid
[quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: We're not preaching to you Chish. We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha haha You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over. Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin..... I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A[/p][/quote]Very funny that made me laugh....otid pop up pirate

8:19pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

pop up pirate wrote:
Whitstablexile wrote:
We're not preaching to you Chish.

We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha


haha

You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over.

Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin.....

I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH


A
Very funny that made me laugh....otid
Very worrying PUP how the simple are amused.
[quote][p][bold]pop up pirate[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: We're not preaching to you Chish. We're f..king LAUGHING AT YOU! Hahahahahahahahahaha haha You are debt ridden, your sugar daddy wants out and even if you do find a buyer the first thing to be slashed will be your wage bill. Face facts, the dream is over. Seriously though, I really hope you don't get demoted a couple of divisions again after you go into admin..... I THINK MY F..KING SIDES MIGHT SPLIT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A[/p][/quote]Very funny that made me laugh....otid[/p][/quote]Very worrying PUP how the simple are amused. Chish and Fips

8:21pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

otid = Old Timer in Denial.
otid = Old Timer in Denial. Chish and Fips

9:27pm Tue 22 Jan 13

Chish and Fips says...

SWINDON Town have released a statement in which they reveal they have accepted an apology from the Football League Paper regarding an article published on Sunday.

The piece, by staff writer Chris Dunlavy, suggested the club committed "financial doping" and "virtually cheated" their way to the League Two title last season.

Town also confirm that the Football League Paper will pay damages, which the Advertiser has been told cover the costs of the club's legal fees incurred by the incident.

The statement read: "Swindon Town Football Club have today accepted the following apology from the Football League Paper following the article which appeared on Sunday 20th January.

A letter was issued to the paper on Monday, demanding a retraction of the article, allied to an unreserved apology and a request for damages. All of these have been agreed to by the Football League Paper."

Swindon also made public the apology sent by Mr Dunlavy, which reads: "Dear Sirs, I am writing to offer my unreserved apologies for my article in the Football League Paper on Sunday 20 January under the headline 'Swindon Town: The 'cheats' who really prospered'.

It has been made abundantly clear to me by Swindon supporters that I have made a grave misrepresentation.

Swindon Town's debt is owned 98 per cent by Andrew Black, the owner of the club, so no-one has 'gone unpaid' as I wrongly suggested.

My intention had been to raise the wider issue of insolvency and debt in football, and more precisely the need for clubs to move towards self-sustainability.


I saw Sir William Patey's reported comments about administration and used this as the basis for my comments.

I chose the wrong target and for that I am genuinely sorry.

Chris Dunlavy"

Football League Paper editor in chief, David Emery said: "Chris Dunlavy is a fine young journalist who on this occasion allowed his crusading instincts to obscure the true facts. It is a harsh lesson.

"Another regret of this unhappy episode is that, until now, Chris had always enjoyed good relations with Swindon and found the club to be both helpful and accommodating."

In addition, the Football League Paper will make a £500 charity donation to Swindon's chosen charity of the year, the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.
SWINDON Town have released a statement in which they reveal they have accepted an apology from the Football League Paper regarding an article published on Sunday. The piece, by staff writer Chris Dunlavy, suggested the club committed "financial doping" and "virtually cheated" their way to the League Two title last season. Town also confirm that the Football League Paper will pay damages, which the Advertiser has been told cover the costs of the club's legal fees incurred by the incident. The statement read: "Swindon Town Football Club have today accepted the following apology from the Football League Paper following the article which appeared on Sunday 20th January. A letter was issued to the paper on Monday, demanding a retraction of the article, allied to an unreserved apology and a request for damages. All of these have been agreed to by the Football League Paper." Swindon also made public the apology sent by Mr Dunlavy, which reads: "Dear Sirs, I am writing to offer my unreserved apologies for my article in the Football League Paper on Sunday 20 January under the headline 'Swindon Town: The 'cheats' who really prospered'. It has been made abundantly clear to me by Swindon supporters that I have made a grave misrepresentation. Swindon Town's debt is owned 98 per cent by Andrew Black, the owner of the club, so no-one has 'gone unpaid' as I wrongly suggested. My intention had been to raise the wider issue of insolvency and debt in football, and more precisely the need for clubs to move towards self-sustainability. I saw Sir William Patey's reported comments about administration and used this as the basis for my comments. I chose the wrong target and for that I am genuinely sorry. Chris Dunlavy" Football League Paper editor in chief, David Emery said: "Chris Dunlavy is a fine young journalist who on this occasion allowed his crusading instincts to obscure the true facts. It is a harsh lesson. "Another regret of this unhappy episode is that, until now, Chris had always enjoyed good relations with Swindon and found the club to be both helpful and accommodating." In addition, the Football League Paper will make a £500 charity donation to Swindon's chosen charity of the year, the Wiltshire Air Ambulance. Chish and Fips

7:43am Wed 23 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

Er ok, not sure how or why you felt the need to post that on here but anyways.

So....have you got a buyer yet?
Er ok, not sure how or why you felt the need to post that on here but anyways. So....have you got a buyer yet? Whitstablexile

9:01pm Wed 23 Jan 13

Mac27 says...

there bubble has burst! hahaha hope they put on a better show in there next derby at forest green than against us beaten on and off the pitch again! 13 mil in debt how we are laughing! well said whit keep owning that sad act cish and t*tts hahahahahahahahaha
there bubble has burst! hahaha hope they put on a better show in there next derby at forest green than against us beaten on and off the pitch again! 13 mil in debt how we are laughing! well said whit keep owning that sad act cish and t*tts hahahahahahahahaha Mac27

9:54pm Wed 23 Jan 13

the wizard says...

PT1 wrote:
the wizard wrote:
Whitstablexile wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.
Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner. Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water. At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad.
The pitch was frozen due to over a week of minus degree temperatures, unfortunately we aren't able to spend copious amounts of money that we don't have to defrost the pitch with industrial sized heaters. Oh yea, as well as having over 30 players to choose from (incase of injuriy from playing on a frozen pitch) due to spending so much that your £13 million in dept... Only a matter of time now before you enter administration

You lot are naive in believing that there will be someone that will want to take on that debt...
You mean to tell the world that your grounds man doesn't have covers to put on the pitch after all the years your club has been in existence, just how sad is that.

No we didn't use copious amounts of money on industrial sized space heaters either, just covers, they are so basic yet so effective.

As goes the mis representation over the fact our major shareholder is the only person who owns any debt, the FL paper has had to admit culpability for that and will be printing a retraction. As goes your own ignorance on the subject when so much has been written, well it seems that ignorance really does become you.
[quote][p][bold]PT1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Whitstablexile[/bold] wrote: I know that your owner is sick of funding you I know you don't earn enough money to pay the wages I know your manager has been totally unaware of these issues Who is going to buy you Chish? Who is going to buy a small town provincial team who are 13million in debt and overspending monthly on unsustainable salaries agreed by a manager who is likely to jump ship the second a decent championship club comes calling? Really, who? Some Arab sheikh? You are royally f...ed and deep down you know it.[/p][/quote]Well, well, a man with a short memory. When the c@rp hit the fan with you lot and your team was built with pensioners money, you got bought by Kassam, who has kept you well nuked and poorly shod ever since one way or another, and you have the self righteous nerve to preach to others, what ???? The only person we owe money to is the owner, same as Chelsea, Man Ure and so many other clubs too numerous to list, like your club owes its owner. Maxwells last word, ppppsssssssstttt, as the cigar hit the water. At least we have ambition, which is a lot more than what can be said for your lot, you couldn't even clear the snow to get the game on at the weekend. Sad.[/p][/quote]The pitch was frozen due to over a week of minus degree temperatures, unfortunately we aren't able to spend copious amounts of money that we don't have to defrost the pitch with industrial sized heaters. Oh yea, as well as having over 30 players to choose from (incase of injuriy from playing on a frozen pitch) due to spending so much that your £13 million in dept... Only a matter of time now before you enter administration You lot are naive in believing that there will be someone that will want to take on that debt...[/p][/quote]You mean to tell the world that your grounds man doesn't have covers to put on the pitch after all the years your club has been in existence, just how sad is that. No we didn't use copious amounts of money on industrial sized space heaters either, just covers, they are so basic yet so effective. As goes the mis representation over the fact our major shareholder is the only person who owns any debt, the FL paper has had to admit culpability for that and will be printing a retraction. As goes your own ignorance on the subject when so much has been written, well it seems that ignorance really does become you. the wizard

7:58pm Thu 24 Jan 13

support your local team says...

Tick tock
Tick tock support your local team

5:45pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Whitstablexile says...

I'm considering taking out an advert in the swindon advertiser on behalf of our web footed cousins in Wiltshire. There must be someone interested in buying the club, even if its a scrap merchant. Plenty of metal in the county ground.
I'm considering taking out an advert in the swindon advertiser on behalf of our web footed cousins in Wiltshire. There must be someone interested in buying the club, even if its a scrap merchant. Plenty of metal in the county ground. Whitstablexile

12:19am Sat 26 Jan 13

RocketMan says...

Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days!
Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind!
Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days! Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind! RocketMan

12:19am Sat 26 Jan 13

RocketMan says...

Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days!
Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind!
Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days! Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind! RocketMan

12:19am Sat 26 Jan 13

RocketMan says...

Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days!
Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind!
Hey, Whitstablexile regarding your post, don't waste your time, you don't get "much money on "pitchforks" these days! Although, as I have said, I do not entirely wish to see the demise of our Wiltshire Country cousins, afterall they are good at making haystacks and throwing mis-informed straws in the wind! RocketMan

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree