1. OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD) (HOLLOW WAY NORTH) (CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS) ORDER 20** 2. THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (VARIOUS STREETS COWLEY AREA) (TRAFFIC REGULATION) CONSOLIDATION (VARIATION NO.**) ORDER 20**Notice ID: MF0514425
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
1. OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD) (HOLLOW WAY NORTH) (CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS) ORDER 20**
2. THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (VARIOUS STREETS
COWLEY AREA) (TRAFFIC REGULATION) CONSOLIDATION
(VARIATION NO.**) ORDER 20**
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the above orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The effect of the proposal is to introduce a Controlled Parking Zone in the Hollow Way North area bounded by B4495 Hollow Way, Horspath Driftway, the A4142 Oxford Eastern bypass and Horspath Road. The order covers the following provisions:
1. Waiting Restrictions - prohibition of waiting at any time (double yellow lines) will remain as currently marked but with additions in the following roads (mostly near junctions): Cranmer Road, East Field Road, Hollow Way, Horspath Driftway, Hundred Acres Close, James Wolfe Road, St Francis Court and the superstore access road.
2. The following roads will include parking places for permit holders (Zone Addresses) between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday: Brasenose Driftway, Burton Place, Corunna Crescent, Cranmer Road, Craufurd Road, East Field Close, Fairfax Road, Fletcher Road, Hundred Acres Close, Hunter Close, James Wolfe Road, Lambton Close, Meyseys Close, Ridley Road, Rupert Road, St Francis Court, Troy Close, Yeats Close.
3. These parking places will be available for non-permit holders but restricted to 2-hour parking between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday with no return within 2 hours.
4. Residents of the above roads will be available to apply for annual parking permits and the eligible properties are known as 'Zone Addresses' with a local identifier of 'HT'.
Residents of Benouville Close, and Parade Green student accommodation James Wolfe Road will not be eligible for permits.
5. Residents permits will be limited to one per resident but with no restriction on the number of permits per property. A resident may obtain a temporary permit for a replacement vehicle while their permanent vehicle is off the road. A person who is temporarily resident at a Zone Address for work purposes will be eligible for a resident's permit. A resident who is temporarily resident for study purpose does not qualify.
6. Visitors permits will be available for residents at the Zone Addresses, usually a maximum of 50 days' worth of permits will be issued per year and provided in blocks of 25. A temporary resident will be entitled to 25 visitors permits.
7. The charges for residents' permits per property will be £60 per annum for the first two permits, £120 per annum for the third permit and £180 each for more.
Visitors permits for residents aged 70 or over will be free of charge. For other residents the first block of 25 visitors permits will be free and the second block will be 80p per permit so that the cost of the second block will be £20.
8. Business permits will be available for businesses (where it is essential for business purposes) within the Zone. Permits will be limited to a maximum of two permits per business and will be vehicle specific. The charge for each will be £100 per annum, or £25 for 3 months and £50 for 6 months.
9. Contractors may apply for a permit to use a parking place at a charge of £20 for any period not exceeding a week.
10. All permits will be Zone specific (HT). A permit may be withdrawn if the permit has not been used in accordance with the provisions of the Order or where it has been abused. This may result in suspension of eligibility for further permits. Other Matters
11. Parking places may only be used by vehicles which do not exceed 2.25 tonnes in weight, 2 metres in height (exclusive of any attachments), 5 metres in length and 2 metres in width. Motorcycles may also use designated parking places.
12. Exemptions to the waiting restrictions and the restrictions on use of parking places will be subject to thefollowing exemptions: For disabled badge holders (maximum of three hours where there is no waiting), loading and unloading, people boarding or alighting, emergency services, universal service providers and vehicles being used in connection with road works and works to the utility services and official funeral vehicles.
13. The Oxfordshire County Council (Various Streets Cowley Area) (Traffic Regulation), Oxford) Consolidation Order 1997 (as amended) will be amended so that roads and waiting restrictions are moved from that order into this Proposed Zone order.
Documents giving detailed particulars of the proposed Orders are available for public inspection at
and County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND, from 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and Headington Library, North Place, Headington, Oxford, OX3 9HY, Monday & Wednesday 9.15am to 1pm, Tuesday & Thursday 9.15am to 7pm, Friday 9.15am to 5pm, and Saturday from 9am to 4.30pm. Objections to the proposals, specifying the grounds on which they are made and any other representations should be sent in writing to the address below no later than the 11 October 2019. The County Council will consider objections and representations received in response to this Notice. They may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public. (Ref. AK/CM/TRO)
Traffic Regulation Team, for the Director of Infrastructure Delivery, Oxfordshire County Council, County Hall, Oxford,