LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON PUBLIC NOTICESNotice ID: SUT1419968
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON PUBLIC NOTICES
PROPOSED PROVISION OF DISABLED PERSONS PARKING PLACES
THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (NO. *) ORDER 20* VARIOUS DISABLED PERSONS PARKING PLACES ORDERS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton under the powers conferred by sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended, propose to make the above-mentioned Orders.
2. The general effect of the 'Free Parking Places' Order would be to: -
(a) designate a parking place on the carriageway at each of the locations listed in the Schedule to this Notice, in which vehicles authorised by the 'Disabled Persons' Order may be left for any period without charge;
(b) provide that the parking places would operate at all times, unless otherwise stated;
(c) specify, in respect of the parking places, that vehicles displaying in the relevant position, a disabled persons badge (commonly referred to as "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
(d) provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking places in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight (maximum 2 minutes), to load or unload (maximum 20 minutes), etc.
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
3. The general effect of the 'Parking Places Amendment' Orders would be to shorten existing permit or pay and display parking places to enable the introduction of disabled persons parking places at the locations in the Schedule to this Order.
4. A copy of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including plans which indicate the lengths of roads to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
5. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ES/DPPP31, no later than 15 November 2019.
Dated 25 October 2019.
Outside No. 81 Acre Road, SW19
Outside No. 25 Newstead Way, SW19
Outside No. 22 Edenvale Road, CR4
Outside No. 18 Trevor Road, SW19
Grove Road, the south side, adjacent to No. 67 Laburnum Road, CR4 SW19
Outside No. 16 Langdale Avenue, CR4
Outside Nos. 6 and 7 York Road, SW19
Outside No. 48 Whitford Gardens, CR4
Outside No. 80 Melbury Gardens SW20
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
BARON GROVE, MITCHAM (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate gas mains replacement and associated works in Baron Grove, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic in Baron Grove.
2. Whilst the works take place no person will cause or permit any vehicle to:-
(a) proceed other than north-westbound in Baron Grove, between its junction with Mitcham Park and its junction with London Road; or
(b) turn left into Baron Grove, from London Road.
3. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes, subject to site conditions at the time of any emergency.
5. Vehicular traffic affected by the one-way working should proceed by way of London Road and Mitcham Park.
6. The Order will come into operation on Saturday 26 October 2019 and
it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 30 November 2019. However, the Order will remain in force for 6 months and its provisions will be re-introduced should further works be required. Dated 25 October, 2019.
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX