London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1531109
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(11
PLOUGH LANE. SW19 (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate development works adjacent to Plough Lane, they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to temporarily restrict vehicular and pedestrian traffic in Plough Lane.
2. During the works, no person would:-
(a) cause or permit any vehicle to wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading any vehicle, in Plough Lane, SW19, both sides, between the boundary of the London Borough of Merton with the London Borough of Wandsworth and the western bank of the River Wandle; or
(b) enter or proceed in the footways on either side of the length road specified in subparagraph 2(a) above. The footways would be shut in stages as and when required for
3. The restrictions would only apply during such times and to such extent as would from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Pedestrian access to premises adjacent to the prohibited lengths of footway would be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the works.
5. Alternative routes for pedestrians affected by the footway closures would be suitably signed.
6. Nothing in the Order would apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
8. The Order would come into operation on Monday 6 January 2020 would remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months.
Dated 26 December 2019.
Paul McGarry Merton Civic Centre
Head of future Merton London Road, Morden
London Borough of Merton Telephone: 020 8274 4901 Surrey SM4 5DX