ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ALTENBURG GARDENS, SW11Notice ID: SUT1644365
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES ALTENBURG GARDENS, SW11
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate highway works to repair subsidence in Altenburg Gardens, SW11 ("the works") they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce a temporary road closure as set out in paragraph 2 below.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed in Altenburg Gardens.
3. The Order shall come into effect on 9 March 2020, and the works are expected to be completed by 13 March 2020.
4. When the road closure is in force, a signed alternative route for traffic will be available via adjacent streets.
5. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
6. The Order will come into effect on 9 March 2020 and will remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months. The works are anticipated to be complete as indicated in paragraph 3. The temporary road closure would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
7. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
3. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
9. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279, quoting our reference TT1646.
Dated 5 March 2020
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive