ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1808199
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY CLOSURES AND SUSPENSION OF PARKING CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to introduce temporary closures and/or parking restrictions in various streets within the borough.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed wait or stand in those streets or parts of streets as specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
3. Alternative routes for vehicles will be available, as indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order would come into operation on 24 August 2020 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs. The works are expected to be completed by 31 August 2020.
5. Parking places in the specified streets and parts of streets would also be suspended during the works.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
Dated 6 August 2020
Town Hall PAUL MARTIN
Wandsworth Chief Executive
SCHEDULE Specified Streets and Parts of Streets for Carriageway Resurfacing Works
? Wayford Street, Battersea (full length)
? Randall Close, Battersea (full length)
? Meath Street, Battersea (full length)
? Dickens Street, Clapham (full length)
? Crownborough Road, Tooting from Southcroft Road to Welham Road.