ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY CLOSURE CARRIAGEWAY WORKS Granville Road, SW18Notice ID: SUT1873855
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY CLOSURE CARRIAGEWAY WORKS
Granville Road, SW18
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to introduce temporary closures and/or parking restrictions in Granville Road.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed wait or stand in Granville Road between its junctions with Viewfield Road and Gresenhall Road.
3. An alternative route for vehicles will be available via Gresenhall Road, Melrose Road, Viewfield Road, Wimbledon Park Road, Wincanton Road and Pulborough Road.
4. The Order would come into operation on 19 October 2020 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs. The works are expected to be completed by 20 October 2020.
5. Parking places in the specified streets and parts of streets would also be suspended during the works.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c)any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
Dated 8 October 2020
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth, SW18 2PU