ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1918850
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (HIGH STREET COLLIER'S WOOD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITON OF STOPPING) ORDER 2020
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable social distancing and improved cycling facilities to be introduced on or near the A24 High Street Collier's Wood because of the likelihood of danger to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic.
3. The effect of the Order will be to Introduce a new loading and unloading bay No stopping at any time except 8am - 2pm for vehicles to load and unload for a maximum of 20 minutes opposite Nos.22-26 High Street Collier's Wood.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 12:01 AM on the 3rd December 2020 until 11:59 PM on the 25th May 2022 or when social distancing is not required whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of for the purposes of those restrictions or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 19th day of November 2020
Network Regulation Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8N