LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT2099892
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Orders under sections 6 and 124 of and Part III of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as amended -
2. The principal objective of The Sutton (Traffic Restriction) (Beddington Lane and Hilliers Lane) (Weight Restriction) (No.*) Order 201* is to improve the environment in terms of road safety and air quality for both pedestrians and cyclists.
3. The general effect of the Order will be to introduce 'no access' except for loading / unloading purposes, prohibiting all goods vehicles with a maximum gross vehicle weight exceeding 7.5 tonnes from entering:-
- Beddington Lane between the southern kerb-line of Derry Road and Hilliers Lane; and
- Hilliers Lane between Beddington Lane and Transport for London Road Network (Red Route).
4. A copy of the proposed Order, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Order and a plan showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA. Copies can also be obtained by calling 020 8770 5000.
5. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "PR1106".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 17 June 2021 please quote the following reference PR1106
Group Manager, Highways and Transport