OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD ELECTRIC VEHICLENotice ID: MF0213046
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL.THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (OXFORD ELECTRIC VEHICLE
PARKING PLACE) ORDER 20** 2.OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (NORTH OXFORD) (CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE ANDWAITING RESTRICTIONS) (VARIATION NO.14*)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the above Orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers. The effect of the proposed orders is to designate parking places restricting use at all times for electric vehicles only i.e. solely battery powered or hybrid - connected to and using charging equipment located adjacent to the parking place on the highway The following applies:
1) Electric vehicles (which do not exceed 2.25 tonnes, 2 metres high (exclusive of any attachments), 5 metres long and 2 metres wide) may park in the following electric vehicle parking places (EVPPs) for a maximum of 3 hours (with no return within 3 hours) between 8am and 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday:
2) Frenchay Road - Northern side: from a point 14 metres west of the western kerb line of Bainton Road, westwards for a distance of 5 metres (1 space). This parking place is currently within a parking bay in the above CPZ Order and the remaining 17 metres of the existing bay (3 hour parking with permit holders exempt) will be retained, but the entire bay would be relocated to be partlyon the footway.
2) For those EVPPs which are currently permit parking places the requirement to display a valid permit is suspended during the above hours to allow use by any electric vehicle connected to charging equipment, but reverts outside of these hours when the parking permit requirements of the relevant Controlled Parking Zone Order will apply.
3) Exemptions are included for active loading and unloading, people boarding or alighting a vehicle, the emergency services, universal service providers, vehicles being used in connection with road works or for utility services and official funeral vehicles.
4) Any person wishing to park an electric vehicle at an EVPP in conformitywith the neworder will separately need to enter into arrangements with the organisation who will be arranging supply of charging equipment adjacent to the parking place. Oxford City Council is currently procuring an organisation to undertake this service and further information will be circulated.
Appropriate amendments will be made to the articles to the CPZ order and for administrative purposes only. Documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order are available for public inspection online by visiting:https:!!consukations.oxfordshire.gov.uk,or in person at: County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND from 8.30am to 4.30 pm Mondayto Friday. Objections to the proposal, specifying the grounds on which they are made and any other representations should be sent in writing to the address below (or via the web address above) no later than 17 May 2017. The County Council will consider objections and representations received in response to this Notice. They may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public.
Traffic Regulation Team (Ref. CM/ULEV/12.6.320) for the Director for Infrastructure Delivery, County Hall, Oxford, OXI I NB.Tel: 0345 310 IIII