A34 TRUNK ROAD (OXFORD) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: MF0262501
A34 TRUNK ROAD (OXFORD) TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that Highways England Company Limited intends to make an Order on the A34 Trunk Road in the County of Oxfordshire, under Section 14(1)(a)and 15(1)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 because works are proposed to be executed on the road. The effect of the Order would be to:-
1. impose a 24-hour 50mph speed limit and narrow lanes (3.0m) on the southbound carriageway of the A34 between the point the existing 50 mph speed limit ends (located 740 metres south of North Hinksey Lane) and a point 110 metres north of the centreline of South Hinksey overbridge;
2. authorise the 24-hour closure of the lay-by adjacent to the southbound carriageway of the A34 between points 1200 metres and 1310 metres south of the junction with North Hinksey Lane;
3. authorise the 24-hour closure of the footpath adjacent to the southbound carriageway of the A34 between the junction with North Hinksey Lane and the roundabout at South Hinksey Junction;
4. authorise the overnight closure of the southbound carriageway of the A34 between Botley Interchange (A420) and South Hinksey. and all slip roads leading to this length of carriageway; and
5. authorise the overnight closure of any side road at junction with the length of carriageway described in 4. above.
These measures would be in the interests of road safety while contractors undertake the conversion of the lay-by to a maintenance hardstanding reconstruction of the footpath and all associated works.
It is expected that the work would last for approximately 6 months starting on or after Monday 19th March 2018. The overnight closures would take place between 20:00 and 06:00 (maximum period). The Order would come into force on 17 March 2018 and have a maximum duration of six months. Through-traffic affected by the closure would be diverted to leave the A34 at Peartree Interchange (A44), and use the A44, A40, A4142, A423 and re-join the A34 at Hinksey Hill Interchange (A423). Local traffic would be diverted using North Hinksey Lane, the A420, A4144, and the A423. The temporary speed limits, narrow lanes, closures and diversion routes would be clearly indicated by traffic signs when they are in operation during the works period.
M Taylor, an Official of Highways England Co Ltd. Ref: HE/SE/2018/A34/87 Highways England Company Limited, (Company No. 9346363). Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4LZ. A company registered in England and Wales.
For enquiries, please contact the Customer
Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000 or