THE A316 GLA ROAD (LOWER RICHMOND ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018Notice ID: SUT0625074
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A316 GLA ROAD (LOWER RICHMOND ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable junction improvement works to take place on Lower Richmond Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
[1) performing a U-turn on Lower Richmond Road between its junctions with Bicester Road and Mortlake Road/Clifford Avenue;
[2) stopping on Lower Richmond Road southern kerb line between the extended common boundary of Nos. 211 to 217 and 219 Lower Richmond Road and its junction with Mortlake Road/Clifford Avenue;
[3) entering or exiting Elsinore Way at its junction with Lower Richmond Road (access will be as directed by marshals).
The Order will be effective at from 8:00 AM on the 26th May 2018 until 10:00 PM on the 27th October 2018 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. For eastbound traffic via Lower Richmond Road, Sheen Lane, Upper Richmond Road West and Clifford Avenue onto normal route of travel.
For westbound traffic via Lower Richmond Road to Manor Circus roundabout and return to normal direction of travel.
Dated this 25th day of May 2018
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ MAYOR OF LONDON