OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL _ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)_Notice ID: MF0283585
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
_ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)_
Notice of Temporary Traffic Order
Cuddesdon, Church Lane Prohibition of Through Traffic Date of Order: 9 July 2018 - Coming into force: 19 July 2018 This Order is being introduced because of repair works to two river bridges which are anticipated to take two weeks to complete. The effect of the Order is to temporarily prohibit any vehicle proceeding in the that part of Church Road as is carried by the river bridges. Appropriate traffic signs will be displayed to indicate when the measures are in force. Exemptions are included for emergency services and for the works and for access to premises which are only accessible from the closed section of road.
The alternative route for traffic is via Sworford Lane, London Road, Ladder Hill and Wheatley Road, and vice versa.
This Order will remain in force for a maximum period of 18 months or until the works have been completed whichever is the sooner (Ref T5672/SNL)
(DRAYTON, ABINGDON) (SPEED LIMITS) ORDER 20**
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (MILTON, ABINGDON) (SPEED LIMITS) ORDER 20**
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council proposes to make the above orders under Section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers. The effect of the orders is as follows:
1) to extend the 30mph speed limit by 80 metres leading from High Street, Milton northwards into Milton Road to a point 135 metres north of the Sutton Road junction. This replaces the existing 40 mph limit;
2) to introduce a 30mph speed limit in place of the national 60mph limit on Milton Hill (not the A4130) to a point 620 metres southwest of its junction with Trenchard Avenue.
3) to extend the 30mph speed limit by a further 80 metres in Sutton Road past Heather Road, and continue with a 40mph limit to the Sutton Courtenay Parish boundary, a distance of 365 metres.
These are for safety reasons due to ongoing building development adjacent to the roads. The existing Milton and Drayton Speed Limit Orders of 2014 will be revoked and replaced to reflect the change and to realign each to the Parish boundary.
MILTON HILL (MILTON HEIGHTS) - PROPOSED TRAFFIC CALMING FEATURES
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Oxfordshire County Council under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 & the Highways Act 1980 also proposes to construct the following traffic calming features along Milton Hill:
? Speed Cushions - 4 pairs approx. 3.7m long, 1.6m wide and 75mm high, located:
■ 75m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue,
■ 275m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue,
■ 465m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue, and
■ 540m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue.
? Raised Table - start of table located approx. 350m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue, and will be 40m long (13m into the new access road), with ramps being 2m long and 75mm high (gradient of 1:30).
? Raised Pinch Point Road Narrowing - 2 pinch point narrowing features 6m long, with 2m long ramps raising to 75mm high giving a gradient of 1:30, located:
■ 145m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue, and
■ 225m south of the junction with Trenchard Avenue.
? Entrance Feature Narrowing - located approx. 620 metres southwest of its junction with Trenchard Avenue at the start of the 30mph speed limit, reducing the carriageway to a width of 5.5m over a length of 7m.
? All dimensions are approximate, taken from the centre of the junction to the centre of the feature
Documents giving more details of the proposals are available for public inspection online by visiting: https://consultations.oxfordshire.gov.uk, or in person at County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND from 8.30am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday; and the Vale of White Horse District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Milton, OX14 4SB from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday; at Abingdon Library, The Charter, OX14 3LY from 9am to 7pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday; 9am to 1pm Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday, and at Didcot Town Council Information Centre, Didcot Civic Hall, Britwell Road, OX11 7JN from 9am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 3.45pm on Friday. Objections to the proposal, specifying the grounds on which they are made and any other representations should be sent in writing to the address below (or via the web address above) no later than 03 August 2018. The County Council will consider objections and representations received in response to this Notice. They may be disseminated widely for these purposes and made available to the public. (Ref: CM.12.6.299/192)
Traffic Regulation Team for the Director for Infrastructure Delivery, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX11ND.
(CUDDESDON, CHURCH ROAD) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
WHEREAS the Oxfordshire County Council ("the Council") is satisfied that vehicular traffic should be temporarily prohibited from using part of Church Road because of bridge repair work ("the Works") to be carried out in the highway
NOW THEREFORE the Council in exercise of its powers under Section 14(1) of the RoadTraffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers hereby make the following Order:
1. Save as provided by Article 2 of this Order no person shall, when appropriate signage is in place cause or permit a vehicle to proceed in that length of Church Road as is carried by the two river bridges (the "Section of Road").
2. Nothing in Article 1 of this Order shall render it unlawful for a person to cause or permit a vehicle to proceed in the Section of Road, insofar as it is practicable to do so having regard to the progress of Works, if the vehicle is being used for any of the following purposes:
(1) Police, fire and ambulance services in an emergency
(2) The Works
(3) Access to premises adjacent to, or accessible from and only from, the Section of Road.
3. The prohibition imposed by Article 1 shall apply in relation to any part of the Section of Road to such extent and at such times as there are in place traffic signs (within the meaning of section 64 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984) indicating that such prohibition is in operation at that part.
4. This Order may be cited as the Oxfordshire County Council (Cuddesdon, Church Road) (Temporary Prohibition of Through Traffic) Order 2018 and shall have effect from 19 July 2018 for eighteen months or until the Works have been completed whichever is the earlier.
GIVEN UNDER the Common Seal of the Oxfordshire County Council this ninth day of July 2018.
THE COMMON SEAL of THE OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
was affixed in the presence of Director of Law & Governance/Designated Officer