Notice of a stopping up order under section 257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990Notice ID: OX4293229
OXFORD CITY COUNCIL
Notice of a stopping up order under section 257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
FOOTPATH TO THE NORTH WESTERN SIDE OF THE FLATS AT 21 - 55 BIRCHFIELD CLOSE, OXFORD
OXFORD CITY COUNCIL (the Council) gives notice that it has made an order under section 257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 because it is satisfied that it is necessary to stop up the footpath to which the Order relates to enable the development described in Part I of the Schedule to this notice to be carried out in accordance with the planning permission granted under Part III of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 under reference number 17/02889/CT3.
IF THIS ORDER IS CONFIRMED:
1. The footpath being the footpath located to the north west of the flats at 21 to 55 Birchfield Close, Oxford shown by blue cross hatching on the plan attached to the order and as described in Part II of the Schedule to this notice will be stopped up.
2. A copy of the Order and the plan attached to the order may be inspected free of charge at the Council Offices between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Fridays (excluding bank holidays and public holidays) from 20 September 2018 to 26 October 2018. A copy may also be viewed on the Council's website www.oxford.gov.uk/planningapplications.
3. Any representations about or objections to the Order may be sent or delivered in writing to Planning & Regulatory Services Oxford City Council, St. Aldate's Chambers 109-113 St. Aldate's Oxford OX1 1DS no later than 26 October 2018 being not less than 28 days following the date of this notice.
4. If no representations or objections are made, or if made are withdrawn, the Council may confirm the Order as an unopposed order. If the Order is sent to the Secretary of State for confirmation any representations or objections which have not been withdrawn will be sent with the Order.
5. The stopping up of the footpath shall have effect on the date on which the Council OR the Secretary of State confirms the
The demolition of existing outbuildings and relocation to the north of the site; erection of new refuse store area and formation of new planting, seating and drying areas; and erection of new fencing and hedge planting around the site at 21-55 Birchfield Close, Oxford.
Description of the footpath to be stopped up
1. From points A to B on the plan attached to the order - a length of 48 metres with an approximate width varying from 1.7 metres to 2.3 metres throughout its length; and
2. The four connecting footpaths to the northwest that are situated at intervals of approximately 7.8 to 8.8 metres apart as described below:-
(i) From points C to D on the plan attached to the order - a length of 12.4 metres and a width of 1.7 metres;
(ii) From points E to F on the plan attached to the order - a length of 12.4 metres and a width of 2 metres;
(iii) From points G to H on the plan attached to the order - a length of 12.6 metres and a width of 1.9 metres; and (iV) From points I to J on the plan attached to the order - a length of 12.6 metres and a width of 1.9 metres.
Dated: 20 September 2018 Anita Bradley
Head of Law and Governance St. Aldate's Chambers
109-113 St. Aldate's Oxford OX1 1DS