Transport for London ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0880589
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3220 GLA ROAD (BATTERSEA BRIDGE ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London in consultation with the London Borough of Wandsworth hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable junction improvement works to take place on Battersea Bridge Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering, exiting or proceeding on Battersea Bridge Road southbound between Cambridge Road and
Battersea Park Road;
(2) stopping on Battersea Bridge Road southbound between Cambridge Road and Battersea Park Road;
(3) entering, exiting or proceeding on Cambridge Road between its junctions with Prince of Wales Drive and
Battersea Bridge Road, except for access;
(4) stopping on Cambridge Road between its junction with Battersea Bridge Road and Nos. 48 to 50 Cambridge Road;
(5) entering Battersea Bridge Road northbound from Latch mere Road;
(6) entering or proceeding on Kersley Street between its junction with Battersea Bridge Road and Nos. 43 to 45 Kerley Street;
(7) stopping on Kersley Street between its junctions with Battersea Bridge Road and Kersley Mews;
(8) stopping on Banbury Street between its junction with Battersea Bridge Road and No.1 Banbury Street.
The Order will also allow two way on Kersley Street between its junctions with Battersea Bridge Road and Foxmore Street. The Order will be effective at certain times from 8:00 AM on the 11th November 2018 until 6:00 PM on the 31st March 2019 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs. For Battersea Bridge Road northbound via Battersea Park Road, York Road, Lombard Road, Vicarage Crescent and Battersea Church Road to normal route of travel. For Battersea Bridge Road southbound via Prince of Wales Drive and Albert Bridge Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 25th day of October 2018
Network Regulation Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ