LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BEDDINGTON LANE AREANotice ID: SUT0905290
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) BEDDINGTON LANE AREA
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of The London Borough of Croydon, The London Borough of Merton and Transport for London hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate installation of traffic calming features and because works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 26 November 2018.
However, the Order will remain in force for 18 months to be reintroduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily close and introduce waiting & loading restrictions - 'no waiting' and 'no loading' (to include the suspension of any parking bays in the vicinity) in
Hilliers Lane; and
in the following roads at their junction with Beddington Lane:-
Bath House Road;
Marlowe Way; and
Please note that not all of the prohibitions and restrictions will be in force at the same time.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic when the road closures are in force will be:-
eastbound via (A232) Croydon Road, (A23) Purley Way, (A236) Mitcham Road, Croydon Road and vice versa; and
westbound via (A232) Croydon Road, (A237) Manor Road North, London Road, Carshalton Road, (A236) Croydon Road, Mitcham Road (A23) Purley Way (A232) Croydon Road and vice versa.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated 22 November 2018 Matthew Hill
Assistant Director - Shared Environment Service