Sunground, Avening, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, GL8

Guide price

Bedrooms: 2
A delightful stone built end of terrace house, in the delightful village of Avening. This property is offered at 70% ownership, there is no rent to pay on the remaining 30% but there are restrictions which apply.

A delightful stone built cottage on the outskirts of the village of Avening, with lovely views across the valley.

Approached into a spacious hallway with a downstairs cloakroom, useful storage cupboard and stairs rising to the first floor. The sitting room is triple aspect with a feature fireplace and an open fire. The kitchen has been refurbished and has integrated appliances and room for a breakfast table. The understairs cupboard and planned space for a tumble dryer.

Upstairs there is a wide landing with an airing cupboard, access to the loft from which there are two bedrooms, both good size double bedrooms with fitted cupboards. The family bathroom has been refitted to include a pea shaped bath with an electric shower which has a separate pump ensuring that it has plenty of power.

Outside there are two designated parking spaces and access to the garden at the rear from a gate at the side. The rear garden is fully enclosed with a terrace and grassed area.

The restriction under Section 37 of the Housing Act 1985 requiring the further consent of the Council in respect of the "local" purchaser policy to any disposal, remains with the property in either case. A person who has lived or worked in the local area for the last 3 years would receive automatic consent any other purchaser would be considered after an initial marketing period of 8 weeks (including being on the Council's website) and then be consideration by the relevant Councillors.

The village of Avening is located almost equidistant between Nailsworth and Tetbury and provides local facilities which include two public houses, a primary school with an outstanding reputation, and a historic Saxon Church. The village is situated between The two Minchinhampton Championship golf Courses, The Avening Course and The Cherington Course.

Avening is very much in the "Royal Triangle" with Gatcombe Park, the home of The Princess Royal being immediately to the north of the village and Highgrove House, the country home of HRH The Prince of Wales, a few miles away near Tetbury. The nearest towns are Nailsworth and Tetbury, both of which have a reasonable range of local facilities including shops, public houses and primary schools with a secondary school at Tetbury. Also within the local area are a number of places of interest including the world famous Westonbirt Arboretum with some 18 thousand trees and shrubs in approximately 600 acres of landscaped grounds.

01666 238038

Perry Bishop and Chambers - Tetbury

3 Church Street, Tetbury, Gloucestershire

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email

This field is required
Please enter a valid email address