A CAR parked outside a Waitrose in Wallingford caught fire.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue was called to the small blaze at 6.26pm, in the car park off High Street.

A fire spokeswoman said: “A small fire in the engine compartment had been caused by an electrical defect.

“Crews attended and put out the fire.”

No one was injured.

  • Our top stories

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.