A DISABLED man has been accused of sexually touching a young teenager more than thirty years ago.

The trial of Mark Fysh began in Oxford Crown Court yesterday with the 60-year-old denying seven counts of indecent assault and two counts of indecency with a child.

Fysh, who has cerebral palsy and requires a specialist chair to sit in court, watched on as the jury were played the police interview of his alleged victim.

READ ALSO: The latest results from court

The woman, who was under 16 at the time, says Fysh touched her sexually over her clothing and forced her to rub his genitals on multiple occasions between November 13, 1985 and November 12, 1987.

She described how her family would often attend parties and events at Fysh’s house when he lived in the Grove area of Oxfordshire.

Fysh would regularly sit close to her on the sofa, hug her and put his arm around her, she alleges.

She told police: “I remember sitting on the sofa and he would come and sit by me.

“I had a reaction like any teenager. I used to get really red and embarrassed. It was my personal space.

“I did not really like it but he managed to get under my defences and eventually it was ok.

“I did not listen to my instincts. It just became something that was ok."

The woman said Fysh went further while they were in the bathroom of his house helping to bathe his young daughter.

She said: "I remember that he was sat on the loo seat and somehow I ended up sitting on his knee.

"And then, for some reason, he started to touch me between my legs on top of my jeans.

"It really clearly sticks in my mind, it was the first time it was more than a hug.

"It is difficult to explain how I felt because there was so much confusion in my mind. It did feel good.

"I think at that point I was lost to it. He had me under his spell."

READ ALSO: Woman seen 'brandishing knife' in town centre

After his incident in the bathroom, the prosecution claims Fysh went on to touch the girl on several occasions, kissing and touching her on the landing of his home while others were downstairs.

Outlining the case, prosecutor Charles Evans said the touching happened 'on a regular basis', adding: "He would say he could go to prison. In her mind they were secret boyfriend and girlfriend. She did not want to get him into trouble."

He explained that, as the woman was aged under 16 at the time of the alleged acts, she could not give her consent.

He said she had told friends and family about the alleged abuse at various points over the last three decades and it was after receiving counselling that she made the decision to report it to the police.

Officers visited Fysh at home in July 2017 when he said the woman may have made up the incidents in attempt to get revenge for an affair he had had at the time, according to Mr Evans.

He said that the prosecution had sought expert medical advice over whether someone with Fysh's condition could carry out the acts described and that the doctor he had consulted had concluded that he could.

Fysh, 60, of Whitecross, Wootton, near Abingdon, denies all the charges against him.

The trial, expected to last two weeks, continues.