THE BURNT-OUT car in which a body was found on farmland near Wantage exploded after a fire was started deliberately, an inquest has heard.

Dashcam footage from a witness captured the 'bright glow' of flames as the Mini Cooper car was alight in the early hours of March 7.

Deborah Uzoziri, of Park Road in Abingdon, was found to have been inside the car, parked up close to rural village Ardington Wick, and an inquest into her death was held at Oxford Coroners' Court today.

The court heard how a witness phoned emergency services during the early hours that morning after seeing the fire from the A417 and headed nearer along the road to Ardington Wick Farm before stopping at a safe distance, before the fire service arrived within five minutes.

At the time, local villagers said swarms of police, forensic teams and emergency services followed as the area was cordoned off and investigations continued over the following days.

READ AGAIN: Police find body in burnt-out car in Ardington

Speaking at the inquest today a Thames Valley Police officer said the force very quickly identified that there was no third party involvement and the fire was not deemed to be under suspicious circumstances.

The mother of three was soon identified, although a post mortem conclusion was 'unascertained'.

Talking about a report from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, the police officer continued to explain that the fire is believed to have been caused by a naked flame inside the car which mixed with combustible air and caused an explosion.

The court heard a fire report that said the fire was most likely started in the passenger compartment of the car, and the explosion caused all windows of the vehicle to be blown-out.

The court heard how investigations found Mrs Uzoziri had been to visit a cemetery in Bristol earlier that day, before heading down to visit Windsor, a town in which she used to live.

Police said there was a period of three hours in which they cannot say why the 59-year-old travelled to Windsor earlier that day.

ALSO READ: Parents to take school to court over Christian assemblies

It is then believed Mrs Uzoziri went back home to post her keys through the letterbox before driving to Ardington Wick.

She sent three letters to her family which arrived the following day.

A statement from her husband Francis Uzoziri said Mrs Uzoziri had long battled depression but was reluctant to seek help from medical staff.

Assistant coroner for Oxfordshire Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp gave a conclusion of suicide.

She said: "[You've heard] the fire most likely started in the passenger or front compartment of the car, so for whatever reason Deborah decided to take her own life in this way.

"She obviously felt extremely unhappy and her notes to you all suggested she couldn't go on."

Adding: "I am very sorry for what has happened."