Murphy the seven-month-old miniature dachshund puppy is recovering after eating a bee.

Larkmead Small Animal Vests in Sutton Courtenay near Abingdon posted an adorable snap of little Murphy and shared the advice to not eat bees.

The puppy was treated by vet Laura who gave him some treatment to help the swelling go down.

Well-wishes have flooded the vet Facebook page for the daft dachshund hoping he gets better soon.

Victoria Ricketts said: “I wish I could teach my dog not to do that.”

Jackie Lynn said: “A typical dachshund, they will eat anything.”

Sue Potts said: “Still adorable even with a puffed up snozzle.”

Sam Williams said: “Don’t eat the spicy sky raisins.”

Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.

Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on or 01865 425 445.