CHINNOR were left to reflect on another defeat as Plymouth Albion came back to triumph 30-22 at Kingsey Road.

Leading 22-15 with 12 minutes remaining, the Thame side looked on course for victory in National League 1, but the visitors dug in to claim five points.

Full-back Phil Jones’ try in the last play secured a bonus point victory for Plymouth.

The hosts would have felt it was their match to win and even at 25-22 down, they were in the ascendency to secure maximum points themselves, but instead they suffered a fifth defeat in six matches.

Tom Price’s early penalty put Chinnor ahead, but Albion scored the game’s first try with Jamie Salter crashing over off a driving maul – Tom Putt converting.

The home side replied through Oli Curry, but the maul proved effective for Albion and Jack Oulton found his way over.

However, Chinnor went on to lead 17-12 at the break when Josh McNulty forced his way over – Nick Smith converting.

A Putt penalty reduced the advantage to three points, but the hosts were on top and Jason Worrall’s sixth try of the season put them into a 22-15 lead after 47 minutes.

Plymouth began to gain momentum and set up a thrilling finish. Ramaz Rukhadze powered over for a converted try to level the match, before another Putt penalty put them three points in front.

Chinnor piled on the pressure to win it late on, but Albion stole possession in the last play and Jones ran on to a kick through to gather and score.

Henley Hawks moved up to fifth in National 2 East as they took the spoils against Tonbridge Juddians at Dry Leas.

The Hawks took the lead after 10 minutes, via a penalty from Max Titchener.

Tom White kicked a penalty to level the scores, with the score 3-3 at half-time.

Dave Manning crossed for Henley’s first try, and Titchener landed a second penalty after the break.

READ MORE: Oxford United crash out of Papa John’s Trophy with defeat

The Hawks went further ahead from an excellent driving maul, finished by Ben Harrison, with Titchener converting.

A loose line-out from Tonbridge was capitalised upon, with Rory Mason crashing over for Henley’s third try.

Tonbridge claimed a consolation try with the last play of the game when Joe Duffy pounced on a poor line-out, White converting.

Oxford Quins suffered their first defeat of the season, losing 41-14 at Wimbledon in Regional 1 South Central. Banbury won 21-15 at home to Brighton.

Witney’s unbeaten start to the season came to and end in Regional 2 Tribute South, with a 24-17 defeat at Stow-on-the-Wold. Grove lost 31-22 at Swindon.

In Counties 1 Tribute Southern North, Chinnor III maintained their 100 per cent record with a 52-12 win against Bracknell II. Wallingford beat Reading Abbey 29-7, Bicester won 26-10 at High Wycombe, and Gosford All Blacks lost 22-19 at home to Bletchley.