BANBURY United marked manager Mike Ford’s contract extension with a notable 3-2 success at Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday.

Ford signed on until the end of the 2018/19 season for the Evo-Stik South League Premier Division on Sunday.

He then saw Leam Howards come off the bench at Stratford to score the winner eight minutes from time.

Ben Stephens gave the hosts an 18th-minute lead, but Tom Winters equalised in the 32nd minute with a searing volley to make it 1-1 at the break.

Ricky Johnson put the visitors ahead in the 51st minute, only for Mike Taylor to make it 2-2 ten minutes later.

Then Howards popped up to score the winner in the 82nd minute.

Kidlington, whose West Division game at home to Bideford on Saturday was called off due to a waterlogged pitch, drew 2-2 away to Swindon Supermarine with ten men yesterday.

Anaclet Odhiambo put the visitors into a third-minute lead which they held until half-time.

But Supermarine stormed back to score two goals in three minutes just after the break through Ryan Campbell and Joshua Grace Parsons.

Declan Benjamin levelled on the hour for the Greens, who then had Harry Whitehead sent off for a second yellow in the 68th minute, but the depleted side hung on for a draw.

Didcot Town ended the year on a high on Saturday as they cruised to a comfortable 3-0 win at home to a lacklustre North Leigh side.

The Railwaymen suffered a blow after three minutes when Louis Joyce, returning to the starting line up following a knee injury, twisted an ankle and was replaced by top scorer Felipe Barcelos.

They went ahead in the 22nd minute when Marlon Agyakwa’s corner was flicked home by captain Adam Learoyd.

Learoyd, Barcelos and Agyakwa went close for the hosts but were denied by great stops from Millers’ Manny Agboola.

Didcot’s deserved second goal came on the hour as a long kick down the field by keeper Leigh Bedwell found Barcelos who fired past the diving Agboola.

Andy Ballard’s team had to wait until injury time before adding their third. Agyakwa played in Barcelos who doubled his tally with his 14th goal in 15 games.

Thame United recorded their third win in four East Division games with a 3-1 success at home to Aylesbury United.

The hosts were 2-0 up in 13 minutes. Lynton Goss netted after just two minutes, before sending over the free-kick from which Dan West made it 2-0.

Aylesbury pulled a goal back after half-time, but West headed in his second from Goss’s cross in the 74th minute to seal it.