DIDCOT Town and Wantage Town booked their places in the second qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup after superb victories on Saturday.

Didcot saw off Bostik Premier Division side Wingate & Finchley 2-1 away from home, despite playing the final period of the game with ten men following Callum McNish’s sending off.

Wantage booked their place in today’s draw for the first time in their history following a 2-0 success over Bishops Cleeve.

Banbury United are also in the hat, although they must beat Weymouth in a replay tomorrow night following a 1-1 draw.

Andy Ballard’s Didcot scored with their first chance when Morgan Williams played in Brett Gardner, who followed up his winning goal in the previous round with another to give the Railwaymen the lead.

Didcot keeper Leigh Bedwell had to make a good save early in the second half as the hosts looked to get back in the game.

But the visitors instead found the net to double their lead.

Just after the hour mark good work between Gardner and Sam Barder saw the latter square to McNish, who made no mistake from close range.

Wingate & Finchley were gifted an opportunity to get back into the game as they were awarded a penalty when Barder was penalised for handball.

Sean Cronin blasted home straight down the middle, and Didcot’s nerves increased when McNish picked up a second yellow card late on.

But they held on to book their place in the next round.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Barder, McNeil, Hayden, Carnell, Learoyd, Gardner (M Woodley 73), McNish, A Woodley (Humphries 80), L Williams, M Williams. Subs not used: Alexis, Thomas, Young, Isaac, Crowther.

Attendance: 118.

Stephen Robinson beat the offside trap to fire Wantage ahead just two minutes into their tie.

And it got even better for the Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division side when Chris Jackson scored from the penalty spot on 24 minutes after Harvey Scholes was fouled by Adam Mace.

Solid defence kept the hosts at bay, and it nearly got even better for Wantage in the final minute, when Daniel Robinson hit a post having just come off the bench.

But there was still plenty to cheer when the final whistle blew moments later as Wantage rewrote their record books.

Wantage Tn: Aulsberry, Comer, Flanagan, Cheetham, Jackson, Cox, Glover, Threlfall (McCormack 82), S Robinson (D Robinson 87), Scholes (Sadler 74), Dunmall. Sub not used: Heggie.

Attendance: 147.

Banbury keeper James Goff was the hero in their draw at Weymouth, played in front of a big crowd of 751.

Goff saved a penalty from Brandon Goodship with 16 minutes remaining to keep his side on level terms.

Banbury fell behind on 35 minutes when Goff could only parry a 30-yard shot from Josh McQuoid.

Abdulai Baggie stabbed the rebound goalwards, and it found the net via Charlie Wise.

Banbury levelled six minutes after half-time when Lee Henderson was fouled by Ben Thompson from a corner and Giorgio Rasulo drilled the spot-kick high into the net.

Both sides went close to taking the lead, before the hosts were handed a golden opportunity.

The referee adjudged Jordy Ngathe to have fouled Baggie in the box, but Goff produced a great diving save to his right from Goodship.

Banbury Utd: Goff, Hawtin, Ngathe, Rasulo (Bell 76), Henderson, Wise, Finch, Self, Johnson, Shamsi (Awadh 85), Kaziboni. Subs not used: Diggin, Whitehead, Gabbidon.

Attendance: 751.