ED Berridge and Sam Stoop scored two tries apiece as Banbury reached the last four of the Oxfordshire Cup with an impressive 48-14 win over last year’s finalists Witney.

In dreadful conditions, Banbury took an early lead when Jack Briggs dotted down and soon doubled their advantage with Berridge’s first of the night.

His second shortly followed and Ed Phillips’s conversion put Banbury 17-0 ahead at half-time.

Phillips and Stoop then both went over early in the second half, Phillips converting both.

Witney finally got on the scoreboard when second row Matt Webb crashing his way over under the posts, with Phil Thomas adding the extras to make it 31-7.

A Stoop try and Phillips conversion restored Banbury’s advantage, but yet again Witney came back with Callum Godfrey touching down and Thomas again kicking the extra points.

However, Banbury ended the stronger with Tom Burman and Ian Isham both diving over to seal an emphatic victory.

Oxford Harlequins’ quality came to the fore in a 27-11 victory at home to Grove.

The hosts’ running game proved too strong as they scored five tries at Horspath to reach the semi-finals.

Chris Davies’s unconverted score put Quins in front, before Grove hit back through an Alex McCarthy penalty.

But the South West 1 East hosts led 12-3 at the break, when skipper James Stacey broke the gain line and set up Jack Crowe to dot down. Stacey added the extras.

Another McCarthy penalty cut Quins’ advantage, but the home side went on to dominate.

Luke Finch and Fotu Latu, who collected a fine miss-pass from Stacey, and Taniela Hakalo crossed to make it 27-6.

Southern Counties South side Grove finished strongly and Jack Ponting went over, but Quins comfortably progressed.

Chinnor 2nd saw off Henley 2nd 24-15, while Bicester are also through to the last four after they were handed a walkover by Littlemore.

OXFORD sealed a place in the Oxfordshire Shield semi-finals after a thrilling 24-21 comeback victory over Oxford Brookes University 2nd.

The hosts trailed 21-5 at half-time, Ronan Casserley scoring their try.

But Oxford regrouped at the interval and produced a superb second-half display to turn the match on its head.

Tom O’Reilly and Ben Harden scored tries, Jack Savage converting one, to close the gap.

And Oxford secured a memorable victory when Ryan Eadle touched down late on, Savage again adding the extras.

Brookes had little time to hit back and the home defence stood firm.

Oxford University Whippets also secured their place in the last four with a 43-14 victory over Wheatley.

They will be joined by Chipping Norton and Abingdon, who were both handed walkovers by Harwell and Gosford All Blacks respectively.