NORTH Leigh produced their best display of the season to triumph 5-1 at St Neots Town on Saturday.

The Millers, who move sixth in the BetVictor Southern League Division 1 Central table, scored three times in the opening period to secure a dominant victory.

They went ahead when Jordy Ngathe played a perfect ball over the defence for George Seacole to run on to before lobbing the approaching keeper.

A second goal arrived nine minutes before the break from a Morgan Williams corner as captain Ben Brown got in front of his marker to prod home.

It was 3-0 on the stroke of half-time when Williams fired home after good work from Tyriq Hunte.

St Neots, relegated from the Premier Division last season, rallied after half-time.

But the game was made safe when Hunte pulled the ball back for Williams to fire into the roof of the net for his second.

Josh Dutton-Black hit No 5 on 65 minutes, reacting quickly to turn home from close range after Hunte’s cross had hit the bar.

The hosts pulled a goal back four minutes from time when Alfie Connor curled home a free-kick, but North Leigh ran out comfortable winners.

The Millers will look to climb further up the table when they host Halesowen Town tomorrow night.

Didcot Town snatched a dramatic first win of the league season at home to Yaxley.

Mark Francis fired home an injury-time penalty to secure a 1-0 success and a vital three points against a side who were reduced to ten men for the final nine minutes.

Player-boss Jamie Heapy made his 850th appearance for the club in helping Didcot secure a clean sheet, with goalkeeper Leigh Bedwell also playing his part on his first start of the season.

Didcot are next in action on Wednesday night, when they travel to Kidlington, who on Saturday fell to a 4-0 defeat at Berkhamsted.

Stephen Dodd hit a first-half hat-trick for the hosts, with Stephen Hatch adding No 4 after the break.

Thame United and Wantage Town both lost and occupy the bottom two places in the table.

Thame went down 2-1 at home to Bedworth United.

Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls and Alexander Troke put the hosts in control with a goal in each half.

Andrew Gledhill reduced the deficit ten minutes from time, but Thame were unable to find an equaliser.

Wantage fell to a fourth successive defeat after losing 4-0 at Kempston Rovers.

Izale McLeod scored twice in the first half, before completing his hat-trick from the penalty spot 13 minutes after the break.

Ben Shepherd wrapped up victory late on.

  • TWO goals in three first-half minutes gave Banbury United a 2-0 win at Bromsgrove Sporting in Premier Central.

Jannai Gordon fired Mike Ford’s side into the lead on 29 minutes, before Roger Ngaah doubled the advantage shortly afterwards.

The hosts pushed forward after the break, but Banbury’s defence stood firm.

They travel to Peterborough Sports tomorrow night with the chance to go top of the table.

Victory will send the Puritans to the summit, with the game the only one played in the division.