OXFORD United have not yet heard whether the FA will take action over the flare-ups at Sunderland on Friday.

Tempers boiled over several times during the Sky Bet League One clash at the Stadium of Light, with Robinson alleging after the game that goalkeeper Jack Stevens was headbutted in the tunnel during the break.

Read also: Oxford United will not take police action over 'headbutt'

The U's head coach is not optimistic about action being taken, but did reveal that Sunderland boss Lee Johnson has since called himself, first-team coach Craig Short and Stevens.

Robinson said: “I know what happened in the tunnel at half-time and I’m still waiting for that to be dealt with.

"Lee Johnson called me, he spoke to Shorty and Jack.

"Tremendous credit to him, he didn’t have to do that.

"He said a few things to me and that stays private, but I respect everything that he said.

"There’s a misconception that it was Max Power, it wasn’t Max either.

"That’s a bit unfair, but what he did at the end of the game (celebrating his goal in front of the U's bench) also wasn’t acceptable.”

Robinson also revealed more about Sunderland's second goal, which saw him sent off.

The Black Cats took a quick free-kick when Cameron Brannagan was down on the ground, with Aiden McGeady scoring seconds later, and the U's boss was sent to the stands for his reaction.

Robinson is waiting to see if he will receive disciplinary action for his behaviour and is allowed on the touchline against Accrington today, but would rather the matter was settled sooner rather than later.

Robinson said: “The referee said to Cameron Brannagan ‘do you want treatment’, he (Brannagan) said ‘yes’ and went back down.

"What more evidence do you want?”

He added: “He clarified that the (calling the referee a) 'bleeping disgrace' was the reason I got sent off. 

"The FA needs to have a look at their disciplinary system.

"If I was sent off for the right reasons, I should be serving a one-match ban today.

"Just because they don’t work over the bank holiday weekend doesn’t mean it can be pushed down the road, because planning and preparation is important.

"There’s been noting back from the FA about what happened at half-time and full-time, but there were no cameras so I don’t think anything can come back."