NORTH Leigh ended their horrendous run of results with a stunning 1-1 draw at home to runaway South Division leaders Taunton Town.

The Millers, who had picked up only one point from their previous ten games, were expected to suffer a heavy defeat by their Somerset visitor, who head the table by a commanding 13 points.

But John Brough’s side, plunging towards the relegation zone, rode their luck as well as scoring a good goal to deservedly take a share of the spoils.

The hosts nearly took the lead when Jamie Cook fed a defence splitting through ball to fellow George Seacole, who was denied by Taunton keeper Lloyd Irish.

However the visitors went ahead in the 15th minute when Craig Veal flicked the ball past the advancing keeper Ross Grimshaw into the unprotected goal.

With the home defence holding firm, Seacole was unlucky not to equalise before the break when his header struck the bar.

But the Millers did draw level in the 56th minute, when Declan Shepperd cracked a left-foot shot on the turn from 12 yards that flew past the unsighted keeper into the bottom far corner of the net.

Although Taunton brought on all three substitutes, they could not prise open the home defence bravely led by centre backs Elliott Keightley and Brad Chalmers while Grimshaw made a couple of excellent saves as the hosts earned their draw.

North Leigh: Grimshaw, Lymn, Harvey (Green 86), Strong, Keightley, Chalmers, Shepperd, Simpson, Seacole, Cook (Carroll 81), Grabe. Subs not used: McGlynn, Mattock, Brough

Attendance: 87.

Conor McDonagh took the plaudits with a hat-trick on his full debut for Kidlington in their 4-0 victory way to promotion hopefuls Bideford.

McDonagh gave Kidlington the lead when he seized on a defensive lapse to score in the 43rd minute.

On the hour, Mark Janes made it 2-0 when he cut in from the left before bending a superb shot inside the far post

McDonagh made it 3-0 with 15 minutes left, steering home after being the first to a knock-down in the box.

He completed his hat-trick in injury-time, racing clear of a ragged home defence before powering home.

Kidlington: Warrell, E Odhiambo, Castle, Brown, Franklin, Gabbidon, Benjamin, (Whitehead 64), Williams, Janes (Quainton 84), McDonagh, Bell (Browne 77).

Attendance: 184.

Didcot Town came from two goals down to draw 2-2 at Yate Town and stay in fourth place.

Seeking their first away win since December 16, the Railwaymen welcomed back Stuart Cattell from suspension and Callum McNish after a long injury lay-off.

But they spent most of the first half on the back foot, keeper Leigh Bedwell denying Ben Brooks with a brilliant save before Yate took the lead on the half-hour mark through Adam Price.

Just before half-time, Cameron McNeill was caught in possession and fouled Ross Langworthy for a penalty, which Steve Davies converted to make it 2-0.

Didcot dominated the second half and soon closed the gap.

David Murphy was denied by a brilliant save from Yate keeper Harvey Rivers, before George Jeacock netted a 53rd-minute penalty awarded for a foul on Felipe Barcelos.

Four minutes later, the Railwaymen were level as good work from Marlon Agyakwa played in McNish, who fired past the diving Rivers.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Elkins, Woodley, Hayden, Cattell, McNeill, Jeacock (Reid 78), McNish, Barcelos, Murphy (Barder 60), Agyakwa (Williams 90). Subs not used: Learoyd, Ballard.

Attendance: 139

Dan West scored after 16 minutes to earn Thame United a 1-0 victory at home to Cambridge City in the East Division.

West latched on to a poor clearance and raced clear, holding off a defender, before netting his 20th league goal of the season.

The visitors rallied in the second half, but the hosts’ defence, superbly marshalled by captain James McGowan, held them at bay

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Essex, McGowan, Ashworth, A Goss, L Goss (Johnston), Morris, West, Ricketts.

Attendance: 131.