DIDCOT Town had an afternoon to forget as they bowed out of the Buildbase FA Trophy.

The Railwaymen slipped to a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Larkhall Athletic in Saturday’s preliminary round clash.

But that only tells half the story after Jamie Heapy’s men lost three players to injury before 28 minutes, including one before the game had started.

Their day got off to a dismal start when Lewis Hayden was injured in the warm-up forcing Liam Talboys into an unexpected start.

George Nash then picked up a problem in the seventh minute and although he tried to run it off, was forced off, to be replaced by Mark Francis.

The visitors then went ahead on 17 minutes when a Dale Evans free-kick to the far post was converted by Mark Baker.

Six minutes later, an almost-identical play saw the visitors double their lead when another Evans cross was bundled home by Dan Restorick.

As if things were not bad enough, Didcot then collected their third injury of the afternoon when Josh Pin went down and had to be replaced by Tom Stanley before the half-hour.

They got through to half-time with no other setbacks and gave it a real go after the break.

However, they were unable to find a way past an organised Larkhall defence and fell to defeat.

Wantage Town also bowed out, going down 2-0 at Melksham Town, with both goals coming after the break.

The home side went ahead through an own goal on 57 minutes before making the game safe when Phil Ormerod found the net 12 minutes later.

Thame United’s clash at Winchester City was postponed after heavy rain left their opponents’ pitch unplayable.

The teams will try again tomorrow.

JOHN Mills scored as Banbury United drew 1-1 at Stourbridge in their BetVictor Southern League Premier Division Central clash.

After an entertaining but goalless opening half, Mike Ford’s side went ahead four minutes after the restart.

Jaanai Gordon set Mills clear and he made no mistake.

The striker should have doubled his – and Banbury’s – tally moments later, but when through on goal saw his effort hit the post.

Gordon scored the rebound, but was flagged offside.

The hosts equalised 14 minutes from time when an Alex Nicholls cross was fired home by Chay Tilt to leave honours even.

Kidlington were held to a 0-0 draw by fellow strugglers Kempston Rovers in their Division 1 Central clash.

Despite being on top for most of the match, the hosts were unable to find a breakthrough.

And they almost paid the penalty when Kempston struck the post with four minutes to go, but the game ended goalless.