BANBURY bounced back to beat Oxford Harlequins 27-19 in a hard-fought encounter.

Bulls started the South West 1 East contest well, Ian Isham and George Grieve going over, with Ed Phillips converting the first.

Quins responded well and Michael Ojo snuck over from close range, Huw Dimond adding the extras.

And the visitors went on to lead 14-12 when Matt White scored, Dimond again converting.

But Chris Davies was sin-binned for Quins and Banbury took a three-point lead at the break as Pete Boulton gathered from a line-out to crash over for an unconverted try against his former club.

Quins were quick out of the blocks after the break, Charlie Craig sprinting over to make it 19-17.

But Olly Barlow was next to be yellow-carded for the visitors and Bulls were awarded a penalty try after a rolling maul was pulled down just short of the try-line.

Quins desperately looked for a way back into the game, but a Phillips penalty extended Banbury’s lead.

The visitors had Paul de Lange sin-binned late on as Bulls claimed victory.

Witney made it three wins in a row with a 36-7 home victory over Swindon.

The west Oxfordshire side were in front after eight minutes, Jamie Burke touching down and Arron Lambourne adding the extras.

It was soon 17-0 as Deaglan Bayliss crossed and Lambourne, who also kicked a penalty, converted.

Witney made it 22-0 at half-time, when Carl Campbell picked up and dived over.

Their dominance continued as George Lewis scored under the posts, Lambourne adding the extras.

Swindon replied with a converted try, but it was only a consolation.

Order was restored when Daniel Boshell touched down for Witney, Lambourne adding the extras.

The hosts had Ryan Harris and Jack Birks sin-binned late on, but the game was won.

Grove earned their first win since the opening day, when beating Marlow 19-12.

They led 14-0 after 20 minutes, thanks to tries from James Monks and Sam Tokelove. Monks converting both.

But Grove’s Guy Nicholl was sin-binned and Marlow took advantage with a converted try.

James Marshall was then also yellow-carded for the hosts before the break.

Grove enjoyed large amounts of territory, but could not make it count.

Indiscipline was proving a problem as Dave Hayles and Pat Wiltshire were sin-binned.

But Jack Horrocks forced his way over to make it 19-7.

A Marlow try set up a nervy finish, but Grove earned victory.

Bicester suffered back-to-back defeats, when going down 45-20 at leaders Old Patesians.