WALLINGFORD were unable to make it back-to-back victories as they suffered a 31-0 defeat at home to second-placed Beaconsfield.

The visitors ran in five tries in the Southern Counties North clash.

Gosford All Blacks were condemned to a seventh-straight defeat as they lost 55-7 at home to leaders Buckingham.

SHANNON Pearson marked his final appearance with a last-gasp try to earn Oxford a 33-31 home win over Aldermaston in the BB&O Championship.

Tom Olley (2) and Dave Hilton touched down early on for the hosts, Thom Murtons converting all three tries, as they led 21-0.

Ali Gibb then raced over, Murtons adding the extras again, while Aldermaston had replied with an unconverted score to make it 28-5 at half-time.

But the visitors hit back in the second half, running in three tries to take a 31-28 lead.

Oxford, though, were not finished and Alex Kelly kicked to the corner in the last minute, leading to a catch and drive.

Pearson, who is emigrating to America this week, then touched down to secure victory in the last play.

Harwell secured a 24-17 win over Berkshire Shire Hall.

Tries from Kevin Wood and Lewis Giddings, Mike Phillips converting once, saw the hosts lead 12-7 at the break.

Chris Shaw and Lee Lewis then crossed, Phillips adding the extras on one occasion, to secure victory.

Chipping Norton lost 35-34 at Farnham Royal.

In the Premier, Didcot beat Bletchley 35-9.

But Littlemore suffered a 47-17 defeat at Slough.

Wheatley were beaten 26-20 at Tadley.

The visitors enjoyed the early pressure, but were unable to make it count and were pegged back.

Poor discipline at the break down led to two penalties, which Tadley kicked for a 6-0 lead.

Wheatley hit back, though, Jack Taylor and Joe Taylor crossing to make it 12-6.

After the break, Tadley got themselves back in front with a converted try, before the visitors were reduced to 14 men as Iain Downer was shown a yellow card.

Another score saw the hosts make it 20-12, but Wheatley were not finished.

Downer retuned to the field to wriggle over for an unconverted try.

However, they were unable to make further pressure count and Jack Taylor was sin-binned.

Two more penalties saw Tadley stretch their lead to 26-17, before a late Aaron Laman penalty secured a losing bonus point for Wheatley.