WITNEY made it four wins in a row with a 32-15 victory at Salisbury.

Centre Matt Clarke (right) scored 17 points as the west Oxfordshire side picked up a bonus-point victory to move up to fifth in South West 1 East.

Witney took the lead on 19 minutes when debutant Charlie Marshall crossed for an unconverted try.

Salisbury replied through a James Bagguley penalty.

But Witney got on top and took a 19-3 lead into half-time.

Clarke converted his own try and added the extras once more when Deaglan Bayliss touched down.

Witney were then gifted six points, Clarke kicking both penalties, after Salisbury lost Gary Williamson and Josh Green to the sin-bin.

But the hosts did not concede while down to 13 men and cut the deficit to ten points when Chris Beaumont crossed for two tries.

Salisbury applied more pressure, but Witney made certain of victory when Joe Rowles went over and Clarke converted.

Grove picked up two valuable bonus points as they were beaten 27-22 at home by third-placed Chippenham.

The result keeps the south Oxfordshire side above the relegation zone despite victories for rivals Swindon and Marlow, who sit below them in the table.

Grove made a perfect start to lead 10-0 after five minutes, thanks to Josh Tyler and Rob Tyreman tries.

Chippenham replied with a penalty, before two quick scores saw them go 15-10 up.

Grove responded through Jack Horrocks’ try, converted by James Monks.

But they still trailed 20-17 at half-time after Chippenham crossed again.

The visitors extended their lead to ten points with a converted try.

But, once again, Grove hit back, Conor Hull running in from half-way to secure the four-try bonus point.

The hosts pushed for a match-winning score, but were forced to settle for two points.

Oxford Harlequins remain fourth after a 20-13 home win over Stratford-upon-Avon.

John Snow’s early penalty put the visitors in front.

But Quins responded on 20 minutes, debutant Calum Cashman crossing and Sam Watkinson, making his final appearance for the club, converting.

Huw Dimond’s try then put the hosts 12-3 up at half-time.

Stratford cut the lead to four points after Rod Smith’s score.

But Quins soon made it 20-8 after Jack Crowe crossed and Watkinson slotted a penalty.

Stratford scored on the last play, but the hosts had already done enough.

Bicester find themselves nine points adrift at the bottom of the table after falling to a 36-15 defeat at fellow strugglers Marlow.

Banbury’s match at Old Centralians was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.