Dorchester Tn 1 (Mudge 22), Oxford Utd 3 (Constable 77, Trainer 109, Odubade 120) Oxford United booked their place in the second round of the FA Cup after an extra-time victory at the Blue Square South side Dorchester.

Trailing to a first-half goal from Dorchester's Jamie Mudge, the U's were just 13 minutes from going out of the competition when Constable levelled to take their first-round replay into extra time.

Then substitutes Phil Trainer and Yemi Odubade pounced in the second period of extra time, as Oxford's fitness told, to send Darren Patterson's men into the second round, where they will meet Torquay United at Plainmoor on Saturday week.

Trainer headed home Sam Deering's cross early in the second half of extra time, and in stoppage time, on the break, Odubade ran through, and finished with a tidy shot under goalkeeper Gareth Stewart, the ball trickling over the line.

Jamie Gleeson was sent off on 97 minutes for a tackle from behind on Deering, having been booked earlier, and it meant Dorchester were down to ten men for the last 23 minutes of extra time.

Deering's energy was fantastic, and he seemed to have so much running in him still as every one else laboured.

Hutchinson was very close to a winner with a deliberately-placed right-footed shot, which Stewart saved down by his left post, turning it for a corner.

Deering tried his luck with a brilliant 35-yard effort, but Stewart got right behind it.

There were some very tired players, on both sides, but United were desperate to try and finish it before a penalty shoot-out.

In the 109th minute, Oxford took the lead for the first time in the tie.

Clarke's strong run along the right, set up Deering, and his cross was nodded on by Odubade at the near post, and Trainer, just two yards out, nodded home.

Then Odubnade set the seal on a vital FA Cup win. But it was nervy stuff.

Dorchester Utd: Stewart 8, Jermyn 6, Marsh-Browne 6 (Critchell 113), Clay 6, Liburd 6, Hill 6, Crittenden 6, Mudge 7, Moss 7, Nicholson 5 (Watts 84), Gleeson 6. Subs not used: Peprah-Annan, Mitchell, Taylor, Coward. Booked: Gleeson, Clay, Marsh-Browne.

Oxford Utd: Turley 7, Clarke 6, Day 6, Foster 6, Carruthers 8, Haldane 6 (Trainer 8, 84), Murray 8, Hutchinson 7, Deering 8*; Constable 7, Guy 6 (Odubade 8*, 70). Subs not used: Hinchliffe, Burnell, Taylor, Willmott, Fisher. Booked: Guy, Foster, Constable.

Referee: Brendan Malone (Salisbury) 6.