When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Man’s lucky escape after chip pan fire
8:40am Friday 20th December 2013 in News
People have been warned not to tackle chip pan fires after a resident had a lucky escape when he tried to put out a blaze in Watlington.
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said the fire occurred at an apartment on Tuesday in Old School Place.
Crews were faced with smoke coming out of the first-floor windows before they extinguished the blaze.
A spokesman said: “The resident on this occasion was very lucky not to be injured tackling the fire.”
Comments are closed on this article.