Family escape from kitchen fire

A family escaped from a kitchen fire in the early hours of the morning.

At around 1.20am yesterday, Oxfordshire’s fire and rescue service was called to a kitchen fire in Welford Gardens, Abingdon.

Having been alerted by a smoke alarm, the occupier of the house discovered the fire and immediately closed the door to the room.

He left the house with his wife and child and on arrival firefighters quickly put out the fire.

One adult was treated at the scene for slight smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was found to be an electrical fault in a dishwasher.

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree